What?

"What is it this time?" Owen asked, leaning the bat up against the house.

"Can I buy you a beer?" Claire asked.

"Did you bring em or do we gotta go somewhere?" 

"We gotta go somewhere. Oh, and (Y/N) I'd like you to come too," Claire said.

"But you can't have beer," Owen added.

"Why not? It's not like it would be the first time you let me have one," (Y/N) joked.

"Yeah, well, not in public."

"I'll meet you two there," Claire called from her car before leaving.

"Is it just me or does something seem off about her?" (Y/N) asked once she was gone.

"Oh, something's definitely off and I'm sure we're about to hear all about it. Get in the car," Owen replied.

At the bar, Owen and Claire were talking while (Y/N) was owning everybody at pool. 

"What can I say, I guess I'm just lucky," (Y/N) smiled after winning the second game easily. 

"I think you're cheating," One of the men joked, they went to the bar a lot so she knew just about everybody.

"Yeah, well, I think you just suck at pool," (Y/N) jokingly sneered before walking away.

"Where are you going?" The man asked.

"I think you've had your ass kicked enough for one day," (Y/N) called back before sitting down next to Owen.

"Owen, I'm not here to make small talk," Claire finally said.

"Oh, trust me, I know why we're here. Lockwood's little flunky called me. Rescue op. Save the dinosaurs from an island that's about to explode. What could go wrong?" Owen said, not really having a care in the world about the whole thing.

"I'm going," Claire blurted out.

"Don't."

"I don't have a choice."

"What? Of course you have a choice."

"So what, I should just play pool and sit around drinking beer all day?" Claire asked, seeming offended.

"Yeah, I like pool, so does she," Owen said gesturing to (Y/N) who was oddly quiet.

"Blue is alive," Claire said out of the blue (no pun intended).

Owen nearly choked on his beer before replying, "Jesus, Claire."

"You raised her Owen. You. . . You spent years of your life working with her. You're just going to let her die?" Claire asked, almost sadly.

"Well, yeah," Owen answered nonchalantly.

"Come on, you're a better man than. . . You think you are."

"You should write fortune cookies."

"Forget it I. . ." Then Claire thought of something that she had temporarily forgotten about, "Eclipse is alive too you know."

(Y/N) temporarily looked up from the table and was about to say something.

"Don't bring her into this," Owen warned.

"There's a charter flight leaving tomorrow morning. Both of your names are on it. I just thought I'd let you know," Claire said before leaving.

They sat there for a few more moments.

"Come on, let's go home," Owen said.

Late that night (Y/N) could hear a few noises still coming from Owen's room but she had her own things to do. She was tiptoeing from one part of her room to another grabbing a few things and setting them in a bag on her bed. She was focused on what she was doing and didn't realize a change in the sounds in Owen's room. Suddenly, the lights in her room were flicked on, her head shot up but she didn't dare to turn around.

"What are you doing?" Owen asked, his tone made the hair on her arms stand up slightly.