I Interrupt This Story For An Important Message: An Eclipse Special

(A/N): This chapter takes place a few months after Fallen Kingdom.

(Y/N) could hear footsteps quickly closing in behind her thanks to the newly fallen snow. She had left her jacket in a tree a ways back and her gloves on the ground even further back. 

"I'm too easy to follow like this," (Y/N) thought. 

She looked around quickly, trying to find a path that would make her harder to follow. Then, to the left, she saw a small downhill slope, littered with rocks where the snow had already been pushed aside, most likely from a deer or some small woodland animal. She quickly made her way down the slope, making sure to only step where there was no snow left. In order to win, not only did she have to avoid being caught by her pursuer, but she'd also have to catch them. First, she had to put some distance between her and them.  About 30 feet away there were 3 dead, fallen trees. She made a run for them, hiding among their dead branches, and watched as her pursuer ran straight past the slope. 

(Y/N) stayed still for another minute, then made her way out of the tangle of trees, still moving away from the slope while keeping an eye on it. She had just gotten on her feet when she was knocked down to the snow-covered ground. A foot stayed on her back to keep her from moving too much and she hear her captor's breath close to her ear. She turned her head to the side, putting her right hand under her head as a barrier between her face and the snow, facing her with a bright yellow/amber eye.

"I shoulda known you'd do that. Good job," (Y/N) said, rubbing Eclipse's head.

Eclipse's pushed her head against (Y/N)'s hand, taking her foot off her back. This was a training exercise they had started doing in the few months since they had moved in with Claire and Maisie. It gave Eclipse a chance to practice her tracking skills and (Y/N) a chance to practice her evasive skills. Were there accidental injuries from time to time? Yes. Did (Y/N) always tell someone about it? No.

"Alright, I'm cold, let's get going," (Y/N) said, standing up. 

They stopped for her jacket and gloves before heading to an open meadow less than half a mile from the cabin. Owen was going to be gone for a few days finding people to help them protect and herd the dinosaurs roaming around the area and now that there were four people in one house she needed her alone time with Eclipse more than ever. When there was no snow on the ground they would often sleep over in the meadow but Owen had forbidden her to do it with snow on the ground. They had left the cabin just as the sun was starting to rise above the trees, (Y/N) guessed it was probably supper time by now. (Y/N) and Eclipse went straight for one of the trees sticking out into the meadow. The first branch was just out of (Y/N)'s reach, Eclipse walked closer to the tree and crouched down enough for (Y/N) to get a foot on her back and reach the first branch. 

"Thanks, Eclipse!" (Y/N) called, climbing up a few more branches to grab the lunchbox she had stashed up there earlier in the morning.

It kept the smaller scavengers away from it until they came back. She dropped back down to the ground from the lowest branch. (Y/N) sat down at the base of the tree and Eclipse circled impatiently.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Calm down, I can only open it so fast," (Y/N) mumbled, trying to hide the smile on her face.

"Is this what you want?" (Y/N) teased, holding up a raw piece of beef.

It only took a few seconds for Eclipse to snatch the cube of meat from between (Y/N) fingers, scales grazing her skin. (Y/N)'s eyes widened for a second, inspecting her hand to make sure there were no parts missing, then narrowed her eyes at the dinosaur.

"Eclipse my dear, YOU need to learn some manners," (Y/N) said, even though they didn't live on the island anymore (Y/N) still made sure to keep Eclipse safely in her place.