Alright, Now What?

"(Y/N)! Wait!" Owen panicked, already knowing what his daughter was thinking.

He quickly handed Beta off to Maisie, who was closest to him. (Y/N) looked back and forth between Owen and Eclipse once. She looked back to Owen, her eyes gave her away. Hidden under the determination was pity and maybe even a hint of fear. Yet, she didn't hesitate, not even for a second. She turned and ran straight for Eclipse. Every natural born instinct in her body screamed for her to turn back around, leave this place, and never look back. But then, there was that one instinct that had been born from the hours spent raising Eclipse, teaching her, protecting her, and even learning from her that would never let her leave. 

The Giganotosaurus opened its massive jaws, moving even closer to Eclipse, who had nowhere to run and no way to fight back. 

"One chance, that's all I've got," (Y/N) thought to herself.

She slowed down just enough to grab a broken bar off the ground from one of the decorations in the center that had broken into a sharp point. She pivoted on her ankle once she was near the front of the Giganotosaurus' mouth and shoved the bar into its mouth, just far enough to pin its tongue to the bottom of its mouth. It tried to shut its jaw but only succeeded in impaling the top of its mouth as well, then stumbled a few small steps back, shaking its head. Eclipse stood tall again as (Y/N) ran to her, the Raptor's eyes lit up. (Y/N) ran her hands over the Raptor's head, eventually resting them below her jaw.

"Are you okay?" (Y/N) fussed.

Eclipse touched her snout gently to (Y/N)'s nose.

"Let's get these off of you, this might hurt," (Y/N) warned.

She grabbed her knife out of its holder, pulled the muzzle off, and pried the shackles on Eclipse's arms and legs open. Just as she finished with that, the Giganotosaurus managed to get the broken bar dislodged from his mouth and refocused on the two of them. 

"Shit," (Y/N) muttered under her breath, standing up in front of Eclipse. 

The massive dinosaur reclaimed the distance between them, Eclipse moved to stand beside (Y/N), fire in both their eyes. Seconds later, a bullet pierced the side of the creature's face. It roared and quickly brought its head around to face Owen, standing atop a pile of collapsed rock structures. 

"Stay the hell away from my daughter!" Owen snapped.

The Giganotosaurus swung the rest of its body around to face him, roaring in frustration. Owen made eye contact with (Y/N) for a few seconds.

"Go!" Owen ordered.

She froze, she ignored everything she had been taught since before the Indominus had wreaked havoc at Jurassic World. She would've stayed that way too, but Eclipse shoved her with her head, nearly knocking (Y/N) over. In the heat of the moment, she followed the order she had been given instead of staying and fighting like she wanted to, she ran. Owen relaxed for a second.

"Thank God you finally listened for once," Owen thought.

Then the Giganotosaurus stomped towards him. Owen didn't hesitate to turn and jump down from his perch.

"Now would be a good time to come up with the rest of the plan," Owen thought.