What Can We Do?

"Why am I running? Why don't I stop and help? He needs help!" (Y/N) thought desperately.

Her body moved without her wanting it to, she could hear Eclipse running alongside her. It was only once she caught her foot on a piece of debris and fell to her hands and knees that she regained control of her body. (Y/N) immediately snapped her head up and watched the scene before her. Owen had managed to stay ahead of the Giganotosaurus thanks to the small spaces that the dinosaur had to take a different path around but there was only so much room to run. She could see that there was a method to his madness, he was making sure wherever it followed him wasn't too close to her or the rest of the group that its focus would shift off of him. Eclipse was bent down on the ground next to her, watching just as closely, she didn't know exactly how the Raptors brain worked but sometimes it was strangely similar to her own behavior. 

"We need to do something, but what can we do?" (Y/N) whispered, mostly to herself.

Then, she heard a distant thumping from the other side of the area. Both (Y/N) and Eclipse turned to see Rexy walking into the area, snapping at some of the smaller dinosaurs.

"Someone's late to the party. Wait," (Y/N) turned to Eclipse, "Maybe we don't have to do all that much."

She looked back and forth between Rexy and the Giganotosaurus, "These two already have it in for each other, all they need is a little nudge."

The rest of the group had made it to the helicopter.

"You get Rexy's attention, I'll handle the rest. This might just be dumb enough to work," (Y/N) told Eclipse, pointing to Rexy and making other gestures she had taught Eclipse to make communication more clear.

Eclipse hesitated before giving a small nod and running past (Y/N) and towards Rexy. (Y/N) didn't waste a second, she had seen Owen drop his gun when the Giganotosaurus had nearly caught him. She grabbed the gun and checked to make sure there were still bullets left before throwing the strap over the shoulder. Then she ran to one of the few remaining decorations in the area, it was a circle on a pillar with water pouring out of it, she found a ladder on the back of it and made her way to the top of the metal circle. 

Kayla had gotten the idea and got the helicopter in the air to shine some more light on the area. (Y/N) stayed on her knees so she wouldn't slip due to all the condensation. She turned to see that Eclipse had managed to get Rexy's attention and was slowly leading her this way. Then she turned back, grabbed the gun, and began to focus on the Giganotosaurus. With how much it was moving it was hard to keep the gun focused on it but she just needed to distract it for a few seconds. 

"Dad, you better catch on fast," (Y/N) thought. 

She pulled the trigger, hitting the dinosaur in the neck, barely enough to leave a scratch. Unlike the last time the carnivore was shot at, it didn't lose focus this time. 

"Shit!" (Y/N) panicked.

She fired again but it still kept going, at this point Rexy had noticed the Giganotosaurus and had picked up her pace, getting out ahead of Eclipse. Soon the Giganotosaurus noticed Rexy closing in on him and its focus finally shifted off of Owen. Unfortunately, the two were already so close together that Owen was trapped between the two without enough time to get out of the way. (Y/N) knew she would never be able to get down quick enough to do anything and everyone else was in the helicopter. They were all helpless to do a thing to help him.