Are We Done Yet?

"Owen!" Claire shouted looking back over her shoulder.

All of the dinos that hadn't taken part in the first stampede were now racing down the hill and Owen was trying not to get crushed by any of the huge creatures. But instead of only flaming rocks and stampeding dinosaurs, he also now had to worry about the volcanic ash that was moving way faster than anything else. (Y/N) was still trying to find her balance on the small floor of the gyropshere when a dino got hit by one of the rocks from the volcano right next to them, which did a great job at putting things into perspective. As they neared the cliff Claire and Franklin turned to look behind them and (Y/N) managed to get herself turned around. Owen was doing a fairly good job at keeping up but he wasn't fast enough to escape the dark cloud of ash. (Y/N) and Owen had one brief second of eye contact before they could no longer see him which was only a few seconds before the ground below them disappeared and they plunged into the ocean. Being the only one with a seatbelt (Y/N) was tossed harshly backward as they fell, hitting the water wasn't much better. 

"We gotta get out," Claire said, putting her hands up against the glass door.

"No shit sherlock," (Y/N) said already fed up with Claire's crap.

 "We just fell from a cliff, we're alive," Franklin stated.

"We're gonna sink, water's leaking in!" Franklin panicked as they began to sink.

"We need to get out!" Claire said as hot bits of rock landed on top of the gryosphere.

"You said that already and it really doesn't help!" (Y/N) snapped.

"Do you have a better idea?" Claire asked.

"You call saying we have to get out an idea?" (Y/N) snapped again.

"I wanna go home," Franklin whined.

"Your all fucking wusses," (Y/N) muttered to herself.

(Y/N) pushed Claire over by Franklin and out of her way and looked out at the frame between the door and the rest of the machine. She grabbed the knife that Owen had given her the first year she had been on the island and stuck it in the small space between the two things and started trying to pry it off since there wasn't much holding the door on anymore. She pushed her foot up against the glass to try and get some leverage but the thing still wouldn't budge.

"Do you two wanna do something or just sit there and drown?" (Y/N) snapped over her shoulder.

Before they could say or do anything Claire spotted something.

"Owen!" She called.

(Y/N) snapped her head back to the door to she Owen and a bit of relief washed over her but they still had the problem of the fact that they were sinking. He held up his gun and motioned for them to get out of the way, (Y/N) yanked the knife down from the place, and backed up against the seat. He only got a chance to fire 2 shots before something falling in the water knocked the gun from his hand. (Y/N) once again took her place by the door, it was clear he didn't have a plan anymore but he used the sinking machine to push himself towards the surface. Desperate to get out with the water risking and the oxygen running out (Y/N) resumed what she had been doing before to try and get the door off. 

"We're running out of air, we're not gonna make it," Franklin helpfully commented.

"We'll be okay, take a deep breath," Claire said trying to stay calm.

(Y/N) had run out of air seconds before they did but didn't cease trying to get the door open. Only a few moments later Owen returned and helped (Y/N) to pry the door off, when it fell (Y/N) helped Claire and Franklin out first and then took Owen's hand to get herself out as the old machine disappeared into the deep, dark water. Claire and Franklin were already making their way to the surface, Owen and (Y/N) followed shortly behind. By the time they made it to the surface they were all starting to find focus a little hard, (Y/N), and Owen got it the worst from being the ones putting in the effort to save everyone. When they finally made it to the surface (Y/N) coughed out some of the water she had inadvertently swallowed.

"Are you okay?" Owen asked her.

(Y/N) nodded her head before smacking him on the shoulder.

"You better not get into the habit of scaring me," (Y/N) scolded.

"I scared you?" Owen asked jokingly.

"Yeah, if you woulda died I would have been stuff with those two morons," (Y/N) joked trying to push off the fact that she had been genuinely worried.