We Can't Just Leave Things Be?

“You did what?!” (Y/N) yelled into the phone, pacing around the hospital room.

    “I’m sorry, but we couldn’t just let them die,” Claire's voice said through the phone.

    “You have no idea of the shit show that you’ve just started,” (Y/N) said in an annoyed tone, pinching the bridge of her nose.

    “How’s Owen?” Claire asked.

    A moment of silence hung in the air as (Y/N) glanced over to the bed Owen was out cold in.

    “He lost a lot of blood, he’ll need some physical therapy, which he’s gonna hate, but they said he should make a full recovery,” (Y/N) finally answered.

“And how are you?” Claire asked.

“Tired of dealing with you,” (Y/N) said, then immediately hung up.

It had only been a few hours since they had left Lockwood’s estate; luckily, none of the dinosaurs had come their way, at least, not yet. They knew where the ones that had been sold were going, but the ones that hadn’t been shipped off yet were harder to track. They were already working on making a tracking system similar to the one on the island to try and sync with the tracking chips.  (Y/N) had only been with Owen for about 45 minutes; the fact that there weren’t many people being treated at the hospital had clued (Y/N) that there weren’t many survivors, or a lot of people had gotten away unharmed, which she found hard to believe.

It was early the next morning when Owen came around. (Y/N) had given up trying to get comfortable in the chairs and resorted to laying on the floor.

“(Y/N)?” Owen called after looking around the room for a few moments.

She just stuck her hand up and waved at him before getting up off the floor a few moments later.

“You have missed so much,” (Y/N) said, sitting down in one of the chairs.

“Oh boy,” Owen said in an anxious voice.

“Dinosaurs are roaming free; no one knows where most of them are; the sold ones are hopefully easier to find. None of them have been seen in high populated areas yet; no one has seen the raptors yet,” (Y/N) explained.

“I would’ve loved to hear that phone call,” Owen joked.

“I’m pretty sure Claire didn’t love it,” (Y/N) said, cracking a smile.

“Did I miss anything else?” Owen asked.

“Not yet. I’m sure there will be more than enough going on to make up for what you missed. Oh, by the way, the doctors said you should make a full recovery as long as you go to physical therapy,” (Y/N) replied.

He opened his mouth to say something, but she quickly cut him off.

“You’re going whether you think you need it or not,” (Y/N) said sharply.

A week later, Owen was released, and they went back home, luckily without any run-ins with dinosaurs. A couple of days later (Y/N) was sitting at the table looking over some files that she had been sent regarding the loose dinos.

“You looked stressed,” Owen commented from the edge of the hallway.

(Y/N) turned to look over her shoulder at him for a second before turning back to her computer, “There’s a lot going on to be stressed about.”

“Yes. But, there’s not a lot you can do about it right now,” Owen said, walking over and shutting her computer.

“Hey, I was-”

“Stop,” Owen cut her off, “Take. A. Break.”

“But I gotta help figure all this out, find Eclipse and Blue before someone kills them; hopefully help figure out a non-extinction solution to the problem for humans and dinosaurs, and nearly everyone just wants to kill them or will want to soon. Plus, so far all I’ve done is yell at people for being stupid!” (Y/N) rambled.

“And sometimes that’s all you can do. Listen, you can’t think through the problem if you’re this worked up about everything,” Owen said.

“I can't help it. Every time I try to take a break, I just get more worked up because I can’t stop thinking about it,” (Y/N) explained.

“Come on,” Owen said, walking to the door.

“You’re not allowed to drive,” (Y/N) said.

“I know; you’re driving,” Owen said in a matter-of-fact voice.

“Why?” (Y/N) whined.

“Because beating people at pool will make you feel better,” Owen stated, already walking out the door.

(Y/N) sat there for a second and thought about it. . . It was a very short second. Then she grabbed the keys off the table and ran to catch up with him.