We're Done Now, Right?

"Don't you have any self control?" Claire scolded (Y/N) in the hallway while they were waiting for the jury to make their decision.

"I only said what all of us were thinking," (Y/N) replied, leaning up against the wall.

"You couldn't have been just a bit more calm about it?" Claire questioned.

"You shoulda heard what I wanted to say," (Y/N) laughed.

"Do you have anything to say about this?" Claire asked Owen.

"Nice job kid," Owen said to (Y/N), holding his hand up for a high five.

Claire just stared dumbfoundedly as (Y/N) gave him a high five and they all resigned to waiting in silence until they were called back in.

"It has been decided that multiple dinosaur sanctuaries will be se up across the country, team will be put together at a later date to deal with getting the dinosaurs there. Dinosaurs that currently pose no threat to society will be allowed to remain in the wild and will be closely monitored, should they cause problem in the future they will also be relocated to a sanctuary. Mr. and Ms. Grady will be allowed to keep their Velociraptors as long as they have a degree of control over them. Keeping these creatures as pets will otherwise be illegal. You're all dismissed," The judge stated. 

As soon as they were out of the building (Y/N) let out a breath she didn't know she had been holding. She couldn't have been happier to get home, she had barely stepped foot outside the vehicle before Eclipse was by her side, nudging her with her head.

"Yeah, I missed you too," (Y/N) smiled.

(Y/N) looked at everyone else going into the cabin then back to Eclipse.

"Go," (Y/N) whispered.

Eclipse took off into the forest, keeping a slow pace so (Y/N) could keep up.

"(Y/N)!" Owen called from the porch.

"We'll be back!" (Y/N) called over her shoulder.

Owen just shook his head with a smile before heading inside. (Y/N) and Eclipse ran until they were well out of earshot before stopping. 

"You didn't get in too much trouble while I was gone did you?" (Y/N) joked after she caught her breath.

She could've sworn Eclipse shook her head, but it was probably just coincidence, right? The two of them stayed in the forest until long after the sun had gone down, happy and content in each others company. They were walking back to the cabin in silence when (Y/N) nudged Eclipse with her elbow, hiding a laugh with a smile. Eclipse returned the gesture using pretty much her whole body, nearly knocking (Y/N) over. 

"We are not normal," (Y/N) laughed.

Once they reached the cabin (Y/N) headed inside and Eclipse headed back into the forest. 

"Have fun?" Owen asked as she walked in the door.

"Always," (Y/N) replied.

Then, for a few days life was peaceful, (Y/N) spent most of her time with Eclipse in the forest, but it couldn't last forever. About a week after the court had made its decision (Y/N) and Owen each got an email on their phones.

Dear Ms. Grady,

You've been appointed head of one of the team in charge of relocating the dinosaurs. Please report to the location below at 8 am in two days. More information will be provided then.

(Y/N) and Owen both looked up at each other with concern in their eyes, knowing they had gotten similar emails. 

"There's no way that this ends well," (Y/N) thought.