Chapter 66~!

"Dude you hafta come down here like right now!" America yelled into the phone. I had to hold it away from my ear for a minute to get my hearing back before answering.

"Why? What happened?" I asked sleepily, lying back on the bed exasperately. "Nothing burned up again, right?"

"No no no! Just come down here, it's so freakin' cool!"

"Okay, okay. We'll be down there soon. And where exactly is "here"?" I had to ask, seeing as how he failed to mention that earlier.

"Oh, oh right! The school, y'know, Gakuen, where you sonsider home to be, all that fun stuff."

"Got it. We'll be over there soon. Again. Must I repeat myself so often?"

"Wait, "we"?" America asked as I hung up on him. Rolling over, I bumped into Canada and hugged my pillow.

"I don't really want to get up," I told him. "I'm so comfy..."

"I know, I know. But let's just go see what he wants us to see," Canada said, kissing my cheek as a "good morning" before standing and going to the bathroom to shower.

~~~

"Whoooa~!" I said, my mouth open very wide with surprise; my eyes, too! "What happened?"

Standing on its foundation in front of us all was a brand new dorm building! Even though it only looked a little different from the last one, it looked like it'd never left! What the heck?

"That would be me~" Kadi said with a bow and a wave of her hand. "A little magic can do a lot."

"That's so awesome!" I exclaimed. "You should totally teach me how to do magic the right way!'

"Well, let me see your eyes," she said, straightening and standing right in front of me. Placing one hand on my chin and using the other to hold my eyelids open, she examined my right eye carefully. "Hmmm... Well, there's a lot of potential in there, I can tell you that much. I might be able to teach you. If you're willing to learn, that is."

"Of course I am," I said, blinking rapidly after she let my face go. "I think knowing magic would be so cool!"

"Well it isn't always a picnic, but it can have its benefits," Kadi agreed.

Her telling me to show her my eyes made me remember Vale telling me to look into her eyes when she started talking about magic.

"Look into mah eyes!" she insisted cutely, pulling her cheeks down and tilting her head to one side. When I looked into her emerald green eyes, I thought I saw a flicker of something almost... flame-like.

"What exaclty am I looking for?"

"A fwame! Anyfing wike a fwame!" she said, gaining her adorable little lisp back.

"So, let's go see your new rooms!" Kadi said, pulling both me and Canada along by our wrists. Up a flight of stairs and down the hall, we arrived at our destination: Room 216. I pushed the door open excitedly and zoomed in, followed closely by Zip while Ko rode on my shoulder.

It was amazing! The room was a little bigger and had larger, comfier-looking beds along with larger closets (armoires, technically). The bathroom had a bigger stall for showering and a nicer-looking sink. Basically, it was all just... bigger! Roomier! Awesomer!

"This is perfect!" I said, putting a hand to the pale blue wall. "That's a pretty color... And oh, look! A bigger TV!"

While I spasmed over the bigger and better things in the room, Canada went over to his closet and opened the door. "Hey, look! All the clothes are back, Melina!"