Chapter 9~!

America practically jumped for joy when I gave in. He dragged me to his room for the first time, and it was surprisingly... asymmetrical?

One side was neat and tidy, the bed made and clothes put away where they belong. The bedspread for that side was printed with the Union Jack, which didn't have to be there to tell me it was England's side.

America's side, however,  had an unmade bed with books and papers scattered haphazardly on the floor. Some random articles of clothing lay about, as well as the occasional burger wrapper.

"It's amazing you ever have any clean clothes," I said, kicking a pair of pants closer to the bed.

"Whattaya mean?" America asked before brushing it off to search through his DVD rack for the movie.

I cleared the books and shirts off his desk chair and sat in it backwards. "What's the movie called?"

"My Killer Petting Zoo," he responded, and I almost sputtered with uncontrollable laughter.

"Oh my god, America!" I giggled, hugging the back of his chair to try and suppress my shaking. "My Killer Petting Zoo? No flippin' way!"

"Yeah, dude! All the animals get possessed and they kill everybody! It's supposed to be super gory and stuff." As the DVD loaded in the player, he popped some popcorn in his air-popper-thing. While his back was turned, I straightened his bed up a bit and sat on it, finding the perfect spot to watch the TV from. America came back with two bowls of popcorn and gave one to me before starting the movie.

England came back about halfway through the movie, in time to be startled by our shrieks of terror as another little kid was eviscerated (A/N: My most favoritest word EVER!! It's gross but I was the only one who knew it until I told my friends it, which is why it's my favorite. America: *holds finger to my lips* SSSSHH!! I'm trying to watch!) by the possessed bunny rabbits and goat.

"What the bloody hell are you two doing?" he demanded irritatedly, and my grip on my popcorn bowl loosened up a little bit.

"Scary movie," America said simply without tearing his eyes from the screen. Or his arms from their position around my shoulders.

England rolled his eyes and went over to his closet, grabbing his pjs and dressing in the bathroom while America and I continued to be frightened by the horror film.

~~

When it was over I pried America's arms off of myself and thanked him for the movie and popcorn.

"You think we can do this again sometime soon?" I asked hopefully.

"Sure thing, dude! Night!" I waved and left, going back to my room.

Canada looked up from his book when I opened the door. "Hey, Melina. Where were you all this time?"

"Well, I went out with Zip, and then France confronted me about him suspecting I'm a girl, and then America made me watch a horror movie with him." I ticked off what I'd recounted on my fingers.

Canada's eyes widened. "France suspects you? That's not good!"

"Who are you?" Kumajirou inquired of him from his lap.

"I'm Canada..." He looked back at me. "What did you do when you talked to France?"

"Erm... I tried to convince him that I wasn't a girl, but he kept telling me to prove it by taking off my shirt. I was like "No, you're a pervert" but it didn't do much." I kicked off my shoes and sat cross-legged on my bed, facing Canada.

He marked his place in his book and set it aside so he could give me his full attention. "So, then what?"

"America came by and gave me the excuse I needed to leave. That's basically it." I glanced down at my legs for a second before looking back up at my roommate. "I don't trust France with my secret, so I've got to keep it from him at all costs."

Canada nodded in agreement. "It wouldn't do you much good to avoid him, because that might just confirm his suspicions."

Zip climbed into my lap and tried to stick his head under my butt from there, making me yelp, blush a /teeny/ bit, and pull him out of my lap really fast.

"Z-Zip, don't do that!" I told him, scolding, as I held him up in front of my face. He stuck his tongue out in an attempt to lick my face, but he was too far away.

"Ah-HA!" Canada said suddenly, bringing a fist into the flat palm of his other hand decisively. "I've got it!"

"Got what?" I asked, putting my dog down on the bed beside me.

"A plan to throw Francis off and make him believe you're really a boy."

I smiled and leaned forward, resting an elbow on one knee and putting my chin in that hand. With my other hand I waved it in a "Go on, please continue" sort of gesture.

He blushed a little. "Well..."

--------------------------------------

Let's see who can guess what his plan is! Cookies and soda for the first person who guesses right! X3 Well, virtual cookies and soda, that is... XP

And I apologize for it's short-ness, it's a bridge into the next chapter, which WILL be longer, I promise.

I'm BACK!! WOOOHOOO~!!! Let's hope my thumb doesn't flip out on me like that again, am I right?It's getting better, yay~! Thank you for caring, you know who you are! <3 X3 

Til chapter ten!! <3 Heart + hands!!