Chapter 5~!

YEAH, baby! I'm on a roll wuth this story! I LOVE YOU AAAAALLL!!

~~~

Because I had  none of my own, Matthew let me borrow a plain T-shirt to sleep in, although it went about halfway down my thighs because of our height difference (I was the same height as England). I wore that and my boxers over my underwear (yes, I wear boxers. Hey, don't judge! They're really comfy!) to bed. I lay on my side with Zipunder one arm, saying a promised prayer in my mind.

'Please, please don't let him find me. I don't want to go back, not when I'm so close to freedom. Please...'

I nodded off and slipped into a really weird dream, although why I had it was beyond me.

In it, I was wearing a white dress and my hands looked like a small child's. I felt tiny, based on how low to the ground I was. There were two people, no three, and we were outside in a small picnicking area or something along those lines. There was no picnic, though. Instead, the three people were arguing. They looked like older versions of Matthew, Alfred, and Arthur, and they were dressed differently, not in their school uniforms (of course not, they're adults! What am I thinking...).

"I don't know why she isn't growing as fast as all the others, okay? I swear I'm not depriving her!" Alfred said defensively.

"She could just be a late-bloomer," Matthew tried to say, but neither man heard him.

"She's ____ years old, this is ridiculous!" Arthur sighed with a hand over his eyes tiredly.

'Hey, why did that part not come through? I couldn't hear it! How old am I? What's going on with this dream?' I thought.

Bored, I picked at the hem of my dress before going over to Matthew and tugging on the bottom of his whitish-tan coat, which was about as high as I could reach. He knelt down with Kumajirou in his arms and asked me "What is it, ___?"

'Again! He was saying my name! What's my name!?'

"I'm bored, and they're not making any sense," I pouted, kicking a rock with my bare foot. "Can we do something?"

"____, I've told you not to talk to things that aren't really there," Al said to me.

'Oh, come on...'

I crossed my tiny arms over my chest and faced him with a stubborn expression. "I'm not, Mattie's right here! Why can't you see him?"

"Who?" Al and Arthur asked in unison, and "Mattie" sighed.

Nearly on the verge of frustrated tears, I jumped into Matthew's arms and stole his glasses, putting them on. Grinning, I hugged him around his chest, and Alfred and Arthur's mouths dropped open when they finally saw Matthew.

"Dude, how long have you been here?" Alfred asked his brother.

"A-All day..." He turned to me and asked for his glasses back. I didn't want to because it was cool how blurry the world got, but I gave them to him. "Thank you, ____."

'-Insert growl of frustration-'

A bird -a Western Meadowlark- flew overhead, singing a gorgeous melody. I scrambled out of Mattie's arms and ran a short ways after it, copying its song perfectly with a whistle of my own. You see, I have this ability to mimic sounds and voices uncannily, like Gazzy from Maximum Ride. The bird detoured and landed on the ground nearby, so I sat and whistled again with an outstretched hand. It hopped closer until it was just a hair away from my middle finger, and then it alighted in my palm. I giggled and brought her closer to my body, stroking her feathery back and wings.

"It's so strange..." Arthur said mostly to himself. Suddenly I was viewing all of this in third person, like a ghost or something.

"What is?" Al asked, following his line of sight to me, who was laughing as the bird fluttered to the top of my head and chirped.

"How one of your ______ can be so in tune with nature," Arthur smirked, shaking his head. "She's gentle and sweet and observant and listens to everything and-" America cut him off with an irritated look coupled with a few irk marks.

"Well, you can't deny that she is," England said with a shrug. "And she notices Canada, too."

"Who?" America asked, and England, Canada, Little Me and I and all facepalmed simultaneously.

"My point exactly." Britain walked over to chibi me and and knelt next to her, looking her over like he was looking for something "_____, do you feel strange in any way?"

"No, I'm okay," she said as she started to scoop dirt and rocks into a small mound. "Do you feel strange in any way?"

He seemed taken aback by my question, but laughed just the same. "No, I'm just fine. So, tell me, have you made any friends recently?"

Little Me perked at the mention of new friends. "Yeah! Meadow, just now-" she gestured to the bird still standing on her head "- and last week I followed a trail of Will-O'-The-Wisps to this grove that had a waterfall and a river and tons of pretty trees all along the banks! I saw a bunch of deer and found a fox den with some little kits! And you know what? The mother let me curl up with them when it started raining really hard! I told Al about it, but he didn't believe me..."

"I never said that!" America protested.

"Well, no, but you did blame Iggy for me "seeing things" and ranted about "Iggy Syndrome"." Little Me went back to her "sculpting".

'You git, you blamed me for something like that? And called it Iggy Syndrome?" Britain said angrily, standing and smacking America on the back of the head. "You bloody wanker! Magical creatures like wisps do exist, I'll have you know!"

"Owww..." America whined, rubbing where he'd been hit. "Yeah, yeah, whatever."

Little Me just ignored the two adults (and the fact that she was getting her dress dirty) and kept amusing herself. Canada crouched down and started playing with her, forming a little house out of the soil and rocks. They used a leaf as a flag and smiled that closed-eye smile at each other right before the lucid dream ended with an alarm clock beeping.

I shot straight up in bed, startling Zip and making myself dizzy from getting up so fast. Matthew crawled out of bed and shut off the alarm, clad in just boxers and with bedhead and no glasses. I blushed ever-so-slightly and looked away, mumbling a "Good morning" before going to the bathroom to dress.

What was that dream all about? Who am I?

----------------------

YAAY~! I got it typed!

Originally, the story Little Melina tells England doesn't involve Will-O'-The-Wisps, but if I'd stuck with the original way then it would have become obvious who she was... -_-'

:D But! I like it! And I hope you all do too! So! Please comment and vote and maybe fan if you would like? Thank you~!

Next chapter may be up soon, but I'm going to be writing some so I can only hope... But don't get depressed! It'll be there without too long of a wait!