Chapter 36~!

I woke up that morning with a splitting headache and a warm body next to me. Confused, I lifted my head slightly, just enough to not give me much pain. My eyesight was too blurry to tell who it was but I decided that it was fine because I still had my clothes on. Phew! France was starting to worry me after... what happened exactly?

"Gosh, I don't remember..." I muttered, letting my head fall back and wincing at the flash of discomfort. Whoever it was rolled over and slung his arm over my shoulders without waking up. I shut my eyes and tried not to move too much, lest I wake whoever it was. "1... 2... 3..."

"What are you doing?" a soft and familiar voice asked from the person next to me.

I blushed and stopped. "Counting drunk sheep..?"

Canada chuckled. "I can see why they would be drunk. You drank way too much last night."

"I did? I don't remember much... But my head hurts like a mofo so I guess I'm guilty. The sheep aren't exactly clearing the fence when they jump, hahaha..."

Canada shook his head. "What are we going to do with you, eh?"

"Give me something for this headache and maybe a cookie. Or an espresso. Actually I've never had espresso before... Whatever, I'm sure it's good..."I winced and let my head fall back against the pillow, which actually turned out to be his shoulder. "Why exactly are we in a bed together?"

"You passed out in my lap last night and-"

"What was I doing in your lap?" I asked almost worriedly.

"Nothing, you just said I was really cute and then fell asleep. And then when I tried to put you to bed you wouldn't let go of my arm. You pulled me down and I couldn't get you off at all. So I just decided to forget it and fell asleep after, like, ten minutes of trying to get you to let go."

I blushed a shade darker. "O-Oh, is that what I did... Great. I'm sorry I made it awkward for you, Matt."

"It's okay, everyone else was either unconscious or not paying attention so it wasn't awkward at all." I noticed that even though he'd woken up he hadn't moved his arm from my shoulders. "Are you okay?"

I answered with my eyes closed now; the light hurt them. "I dunno. I feel kinda fuzzy and just weird overall. I've never been hungover before."

"I can tell. I think everyone else left already, so we should probably get up now,, don't you think?"

"What time is it?" I asked.

Canada looked at the clock on the nightstand. "Eleven thirty-two."

"Wooow, I slept late. Yeah, let's get up," I decided and sat up, making his arm slide off of me. When I sat up a wave of pain flickered behind my eyes and I fell back, too limp to move. "On second thought, I like my bed just fine, thanks."

Canada sighed. "I'll go get some acetaminophen, you wait here."

"Yes'sir, no moving from this spot at all."

~~~

"Duuude you were a beast last night! How'd you drink so much? That was totally awesome! You must have a super-high tolerance 'r something!" America said as I came into the living room while leaning on Canada for support.

"I have no clue," I said sincerely. "Beer tasted almost familiar to me but I have no idea why. It's the first time I've had any, as far as I know." Canada deposited me on the couch

"Really? That's so weird! How're you feeling?"

"Hungover," I said humorlessly.

"Well duh, you know what I mean."

"Bah, I no speak your langwerb," I said, closing my eyes and falling sideways so I took up the whole couch.

America laughed. "Last night was awesome. I got so many pictures, you have no idea how fun blackmailing everyone's gonna be. Hahaha!"

I winced. "You've got pictures of me, don't you."

"What gives you that idea?" he said guiltily.

"America," I said dangerously from my place on the couch. "Let me see."

"Oh, you'll see them. In the school newspaper!" he jumped up and took off, probably to hide the photos.

"DAMMIT AMERICA!" I yelled, wincing right after. "Oow..."

~~~

"Come on, Melina, you've gotta drink some water if you want to make yourself go to the bathroom," Canada coaxed the reluctant me. "You gotta get rid of all the alcohol in you, eh?"

"I don't wanna puke up more water, Mattie," I whined. "That sucks!"

"What if I made you pancakes when you feel up to it?" he asked with a knowing glint in his eye.

I looked up at him with sparkling eyes. "Yes please! I~ want pancakes!" I sang in a funny parody.

Canada chuckled. "Then you gotta drink the water."

"...Okay..."

---------------------------------------------------

Again, sorry this chapter is so short but at least the previous one was long, right? :) I might add to it... This chapter,  I mean, not the drunk one. Thanks for reading!! <3