Chapter 69~!

Omniscient POV~

As Kadi strolled along the wintry path snaking through the forest that took up one good portion of the school's outskirts, she passed two she had come to know very well.

"Hi, Kadi!" Melina and Matthew called in unison when they saw her coming down the trail in their direction.

"Hi~!" Kadi sang while waving. When they'd finally caught up to each other, she was surprised to see what they're clothing looked like. Melina wore a green T-shirt that read "Don't you wish your boyfriend was hot like me" and a normal pair of blue jeans. Ah, yes, she still had to keep up the ruse that she was, in fact, a boy. Matthew's shirt was a plain white with the Olympic symbol across the front, and jeans as well.

Yes, you, the esteemed reader with their eyes glued to their computer screen, I can guess what you're thinking. What's so significant about their clothing? And why does the narrator sound so freakin' formal? And stuffy?

Well, I can answer your first question, but if you were thinking those last two questions, then whatever.

The point is that those particualr outfits were things Kadi had seen before, yet hadn't seen before. Don't worry, it will all make sense in a little bit.

"Okay, so. Just so you guys know, I am not as mean as I look. Mention Scotland and I'll know that I can trust you," Kadi said with a hand on Matthew's shoulder. "Got it?"

"Uhm, okay?" Matthew said, not sure what she was talking about in the least.

"What are you talking about, exactly?" Melina asked.

It was her turn to get Kadi's hand on her shoulder. "Melina, you might want to brush up on your French. And your Russian, although I don't think that'll be a problem. Um... Yeah, that's all I can think of. See ya!"

And with that, she frolicked away, leaving behind two very confused countries.

"...What?" Melina and Matthew asked themselves at almost the exact same times.

"Oh, but weren't we going to have another French lesson after lunch?" Melina remembered, and Matthew nodded.

"I almost forgot about that."

~~~

"Okay, repeat after me. Matthieu est le plus grand professeur de français dans le monde [1]," Matthew said, and Melina obediently did so.

"Matthieu est le plus grand professeur de français dans le monde," Melina said without flubbing it up somehow, but then paused when she translated in her head what she'd just said. "Mattie!"

Matthew laughed and dodged her attempt to slap his shoulder playfully. "You fell for it!"

Meanwhile, Kadi was working on a spell in her room, the colorful lights floating around her with a joyful quality to the atmosphere. With a sure hand, she reached out and grasped a white light, bringing it closer to her eye. She peered inside and looked at the memory it held.

"Ama!" Kadi jumped at the loud call to her, causing her to release the light and practically throw it to the side.

"Ama, what are you doing?" Vale asked, a small vial of bright yellow liquid in her hand.

"Just looking back at the past, sweetie," Kadi replied.She eyed the vial warily, trying to remember what it held. "Whatcha got there?"

"I dunno, it looked pretty to me," Vale replied, holding the vial up to an emerald eye. "What's it do- Whoa!" she yelped as the vial was pinched too hard and slipped from between her fingers. It spiraled through the air twice before hitting the hardwood floor and shattering. Instinctually, Kadi scooped up Vale to keep her away from the broken glass and held her.