Chapter 88~!

"Vee~ Bella, you-a came back!" Italy cheered happily as I walked into the library that night. I'd seen all my missing assignments and knew I was in for a hell of a long time of studying.

I smiled and found both him and Germany sitting at a table, working on an assignment together. I walked over and sat down next to them.

"Yeah, I just got back today, in fact," I said. "Miss me while I was gone?"

"Si~! Although I know you didn't miss me," he said with a knowing grin.

"How could I, you were there the whole time," I replied, playfully shoving his arm. He laughed and offered me some of his pasta, which I accepted gratefully.

"So, vhat exactly happened?" Germany asked confusedly.

"Oh, I went back in time and met Italy when he was really little. Like, tiny tiny," I explained, holding my hands about a foot apart to estimate his height when it was 1750. "And we were kidnapped by pirates! It was awesome! Oh, and your brother was there, too, can't forget about that."

"Vait, mein bruder vas zhere?" Germany asked incredulously. "I don't believe it."

"Fine, don't believe me. It was hilarious, though, when Rayn totally kicked his butt into this century," I said with a little laugh at the memory. "He totally deserved it."

"Did I really deserve to be pushed zhrough zhe toilet, zhough?" Prussia asked, peeking his silver-white head just above the table to look at all of us.

I grinned, unfazed by his sudden and unexpected appearance. "Probably not, but there was probably something you did to deserve it." That made Germany smile a little.

"Ja, he deserved it."

"West! Don't side vith her!" Prussia whined.

"Haha~ Looks like I won, Your Awesomeness," I replied, pulling out my Ancient History textbook and opening it to the page I'd bookmarked.

"Never," he grumbled, slinking away like the awesome ninja he was.

~~~

"Hey, you vant the rest of my soda?" Prussia asked me, holding out an opened can of Pepsi to me. "I already had zhree of zhese and I can't drink any more."

"Sure!" I said, accepting it and bringing it to my lips before pausing. "Wait, you didn't put something in this, did you?"

"Nein, vhat vould make you zhink zhat?" he asked me flippantly.

"I dunno, just seems like something you'd do," I replied before taking his word and chugging down the rest of the soda. It didn't taste any different, but I felt a slight burning in my nose that I associated with the carbonation. "Thanks, Prussia."

"Sure, you're velcome," he said before walking away, his hands stuck in his pockets while he whistled a cheerful little tune. Gilbird fluttered around his head as he strolled back toward the dorms.

"Wait..." I said to myself, looking at the can in my hand. 'Did he come all this way just to give me this?'

~~~

"Dinnertime!" I said happily, skipping alongside America and Canada as we walked down the halls and toward the dining hall. "So, you seriously can't remember anything about that time when we went back in time?" I asked America.

"No, dude! I can't, and it's bugging the crap outta me!" he complained, crossing his brown-clad arms over his chest. "You keep telling me about it and I can't remember a thing!"

Canada chuckled. "Oh, that reminds me of something I told France after that little adventure."

~