Chapter 37~!

Okay I've been working my butt off trying to post so here you go! Thank goodness for the amazingness that is best friends and fellow authors to give you ideas, am I right? Joy, this one's for you! Thank you for the idea!! <3

------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh, come on!" The yell of frustration brought me back down to earth, where my body was while my mind was past the moon in thought. Just random thought, nothing too serious. Although you could consider contemplating what I would do next when we went back to school as serious, I suppose.

I got up and went down the hall to Mattie's room, where the exclamation had come from. Just past the door I saw Matthew picking up strips of shredded cloth from the floor.

"What happened?" I asked curiously.

"Kumajina decided to tear up almost all the clothes I brought!" Matthew said angrily without looking at me as he continued to pick up all the fabric. "Now I've just got what I'm wearing."

"Oh, well that's a problem," I said with a hand to my chin. "I guess there's only one thing for it, then."

"Are you suggesting we go shopping?" he asked.

"Well what else was I gonna suggest?" I asked rhetorically with a cheeky grin. "Come on, it won't be that bad."

"I wasn't about to protest, y'know," Mattie said, moving past me, his arms loaded with torn clothing. I helped by following after him and picking up what he dropped. After depositing it all in the trash we went to find Alfred, who was asleep on the couch even though it was eleven in the morning.

"Ugh, I guess we'll just leave him a note?" I said, finding a sticky pad and a pen.

Out for new clothes, BRB~

-Melina and Matthew

With it firmly stuck to his forehead we grabbed our jackets and left, waving bye to Tony and Ko (Kumajirou was in timeout for the time being).

"Shame on Kumajirou for doing that to your clothes," I said, pulling my coat tighter around my frame.

"He gets random spaz moments every now and then. I think it happens when he gets cooped up for a little too long," Mattie explained.

"Oh, I see. Well, at least it's not too cold today, otherwise I would say we should take the car. But I think I want to walk to the mall. What about you?" I looked over at my friend.

He grinned. "You read my mind."

"Then sing with me~!" I announced, grabbing his hand and pulling him to the sidewalk.

"Sing with you? Sing what?"

"Ah, that is the question, no? I know just what we should sing, and I hope you're familiar with it!" I skipped, dragging him behind me even though he was a head taller than me and I was a little twig of a girl. Well, that's an exaggeration, but let's just say I'm not as strong as Mattie is.

"Ah, wait, slow down!" Mattie exclaimed, making me laugh and only slow my pace a little.

Yeah I know that you wanna be Canadian, please
Even if in winter things tend to freeze
We got the world monopoly on trees
And our country's bordered by three different seas

Yeah I know that you wanna be Canadian, please
We invented the zipper, we got expertise
We made insulin to combat disease
Yeah I know that you wanna be Canadian, please

Brits have got the monarchy, the US has the money
But I know that you wanna be Canadian
The French have got the wine and cheese
Koalas chill with the Aussies
But I know that you wanna be Canadian