Chapter 11~!

Canada, America, England, and I were taking a walk to clear our heads before our big Literature test (it was England's idea to walk around, but I agreed whole-heartedly with it) when I saw a small orange flier taped to a lamppost out in the courtyard. I stepped closer to read what it said, and was delighted with its message.

"A Halloween dance? Cool!" I exclaimed, and America was suddenly at my side, reading the paper as well.

"Awesome, dude! I love these sorts of things!"  he said happily. A cold breeze picked up and I pulled my scarf (borrowed from Canada) up over my mouth and nose.

"A costume is required to get in, that's all," Canada noted as he read some of the details listed.

England sighed. "These dances always are good for one thing: making my perpetual headache grow worse."

"Aw, lighten up, dude! These things are always so kickin' epic! Just because you can't stand a little loud music doesn't mean they aren't fun!" America defended.

I ignored the verbal brawl that started up between them and turned to my dormmate. "What do you think you'll dress up as, Mattie?"

"I don't think I'll go, actually. These types of events always tend to give me bruises."

My mouth formed a tall "O". "Unacceptable! Mattie, you should totally go! Besides, it's not like people don't notice you at all nowadays."

"Th-That's because you're always talking to me, but the music would make it too hard to do that!" he protested, but I shook my head determinedly.

"There'll be quiet corners around the dance, and besides you aren't there to talk the whole time, you're there to dance. That's why it's called a dance."

His cheeks flushed, probably from the cold. "I know that..."

"Who are you?" Kumajirou asked, and I facepalmed (but with part of my face being frozen it hurt) while Canada replied with the usual "I'm Canada."

"Please, Matthew? I'll even help design your costume, if you would like!" I put my reddened hands together in front of my face like I was praying, and I knew it would get him to say yes. It always did, for some reason.

"I... If you're really that bent on my going, then... okay..." he said rather reluctantly.

I pumped my fist happily. "Yes! Don't worry, this'll be fun! I've already got some ideas for your costume!"

"That fast, eh?"

I nodded rapidly before turning back around to break up America and England's argument. We continued with our walk, America and I discussing a costume design for England because America had somehow tricked him into agreeing to go to the dance. (A/N: America and Bookie: Muwahahahahaha~ England: =.=)

~~~

"Okay, okay. Let's think. What's easy, good-looking, and cheap to make?" I pondered aloud, back in our dorm after our classes of the day. I held a small notepad in one hand and a pencil in the other as I tapped it against my chin. "Oh! I know, what about a ghost?"

Canada gave me a slight "Really?" look. "I feel like a ghost everyday, so maybe something else?"

I gave him an apologetic smile. "Right, good point. Man, Mattie, that's depressing." I crossed out ghost, having written it down when the idea came to me.

"Wait a second... You said you feel like a ghost because no one ever sees you, right?"

He nodded a little sadly. "Right... Where are you going with this?"