Chapter 40~!

OHEMGEE 40 CHAPTERZZZ!!

-------------------------------

"Please fill out this form as directed," our English teacher said as he gave a stack of forms to each person in the front row. When one finally came to me (I sat in the back of the class) I looked it over.

'A new language teacher is coming to our school and she knows, like, every language there is to know? That's pretty cool. I wonder what language I should take... Not French, that would only boost France's ego and it doesn't need any more of that. German would be hard, and so would Latin and any Middle Eastern languages there are... Spanish wouldn't be that hard, and I know it's similar to Italian so it'd be almost like learning two languages at once! Yeah, I'll go with Spanish. Besides, Spain's ego probably wouldn't get too overwhelming if he found out.'

~~~

The next day I went to the library during lunch just like everyone else who wanted to learn a new language. In fact, was anyone not coming?

"Is this mandatory or something?" I whispered to a certain American who was nearby.

"Yeah, I think so. What're you taking?"

"Spanish, you?"

"Same, I wanna be able to understand what Mexico's yelling at me all the time."

I smirked. "Hey, that's a pretty good reason. But don't you know just about every language there is to know because of all your immigrants and stuff?"

"I know little bits and pieces and random phrases, but that's about it," he replied.

"Oh, I see. I wonder what this teacher's gonna be like."

And boy did we get a surprise. She strode in wearing inch-thick-soled, buckled all the way up, shiny black boots that went all the way up to her knees. Her skirt was short and red plaid while her shirt had a skull and crossbones on the chest. Her hair was shoulder-length and bright blue with red and purple underneath, and an arm brace (meant for fashion, not an injury) on her left forearm. And not only was her appearance surprising, but the fact that I'd met her before was also shocking.

'That's Rayn, the lady who helped me find the swimsuits during Christmas break!' I thought with wide eyes. 'No flippin' way... Small world.'

"Hey, guys and gals. I'm Rayn and I'm the new linguistics teacher here. Before I actually join your school and become a real teacher, you'll wanna know a few things. First off, I am not gonna be nice to anyone who isn't nice to me. You mess with me and I'll make sure you never want to again."

She lost the seriousness in her expression and tone suddenly. "So anyway let's have fun with this, okay?" She sounded so girly! "Any questions? No? Okay, I'll see you all in class! And be on time, I'm not tolerant of tardiness."

~~~

"Dude I'll bet that new teacher's bipolar or something," America commented after we left the library.

Before I could answer someone else did for me. "Oh no, I'm not bipolar. Or at least, not officially," Rayn said from next to us as she joined the conversation suddenly. "And I must say I never thought I'd see you again."

I winced. "Yeah, me neither. About you, I mean. Um, will you please not tell anyone about me being a..."

"Girl? I guess not, why should I? If you want to dress in drag then that's fine with me." She walked off to go talk to someone else, leaving me gaping and America about to burst out laughing.

"Maybe I'll start calling you Drag Queen just because of that," he guffawed just to me.

"Red, black, and blue, America. Remember that." I left him with that warning.

~~~

"Okay, Alfred you pick teams and... Matthew? You pick, too," the PE teacher said.

Matthew grinned and stood next to his brother as they started to pick teams.

"Malcolm, dude, get ova' here!" Alfred cheered as I walked over to stand near him. Prussia, Italy, Romano, and Cuba joined our team a few moments later, making seven with America, England, and myself.

"Sooo... What are we playing?" I asked America.

"Dude, it's the only game where Mattie gets to be a captain. Whattaya think it is?" He retorted.

"I don't know, that's why I'm asking!" I exclaimed.

"We're playing hockey!" Canada said happily, his voice surprisingly at a normal volume.

"Your voice just got louder!" I stated, shocked. "You're a real boy!"

He deadpanned. "Thanks, Malcolm, thanks a lot. I get louder when I'm playing hockey, eh? And it's so awesome that we're playing my sport!" And I could tell by the way he was practically glowing with happiness.

I found myself smiling back. "We're playing your game, eh? Awesome!"

"Why are you always calling my name?" Prussia griped from his conversation with Spain and France.

"And why are you always using my word?" Canada "griped" as well.

I smirked. "It's a free country, gosh."

America beamed at that comment. "HAHAHA! That's right!"

~~~

America and Canada faced off in the center of the gym, each griping their hockey sticks firmly as they waited for the puck to drop from the teacher's hand. I could taste the tension in the air between the both of them and held my own blue-tipped stick tightly.

'It must be all the times they've battled at this game' I thought with a smirk.

And then the game was going! Canada maneuvered the puck away from and around America seemingly before it hit the ground, and he passed it to France. France hit it back to Canada after her gotten farther into our defenses and closer to the goal. I was stunned at how fast Canada was moving, how into the game he was. Somehow I intercepted the puck as Canada aimed for our goal and began running it back to America, who was getting ready for me to pass it to him. Then the puck was in America's figurative hands and heading for a point for us.

Interception! Germany caught it before it could go in and passed it to Spain, who got it back to Canada. Before Italy (our goalie) could stop it Canada scored the first goal.

"First blood to Team Maple."

~~~

"Malcolm, that was awesome!" Prussia said as he witnessed me block another attack toward our goal and send the puck down the court to England.

"Darn it," Canada muttered as he followed the puck back to his team's side of the gym. I grinned, since it was his shot I'd deflected.

"It's okay, Mattie, I just deflected a good shot with my mad ninja skills," I told his retreating backside. He turned and shot me a smile before whippig around and stealing the puck, which led to yet another goal on his team's part. And we were still losing by three points.

"Darn it."

~~~

"Hey, great game today, eh?" Canada said as he came up behind America and I after we were all done dressing down. "That was so much fun!"

America grumbled a reply, which probably consisted of something along the lines of "Americans winners all the time, *mumble mumble*."

"Aw, come on now, Alfie," I said with a mockingly motherly tone. "All's fair in love and war, and in this case it's Canada's love for the war-like sport of hockey."

"It's not war-like!" Canada protested.

I giggled. "I'm kidding, I wanted to make a funny statement with both love and war."

"Well yeah but... Never mind. I can never win with you, can I?"

"Nope!"

-------------------------------------

XD and there you go!! Please comment vote add and fan!! If you dare... >.>