Chapter 53~!

"Ah, Zip! Wait up!" I shrieked as Zip took off across the lawn, his leash trailing in the grass behind him. I raced after him and was about to grab the end of the leash when he poured out a burst of speed and got away again. I groaned. "Where are you going?"

I glanced up and saw a certain Nordic boy with his own dog and had just enough time to register what Zip was running towards before we collided and went tumbling into the wet grass. "WAAAH!"

"Urgh..." I moaned, holding my head with one hand as I sat up and looked over at Finland. "Sorry, are you okay?"

"I'm fine, I'm fine," he said quickly, helping me up as he got up, but when he slipped on the remnants of last night's rain we fell back into a heap. Our eyes met and we started to laugh, falling against each other. "It's nice to see you again, Melina."

"Yeah, I'm glad to see you again, too," I said as we finally got to standing and brushing off our bums. I glanced over and Zip was circling around Finland's small white dog. "What's your dog's name?"

"Hanatamago," he said proudly.

"Whoa, that's a mouthful. Can I call her Hana?" I asked, and he shrugged.

"Sure, I don't see why not." We watched them sniff at each other and become friends as they got to know each other better.

'I always thought it was weird how dogs sniffed each other's butts as a greeting. What is up with that? Are they making sure they had a nice bowel movement?' I thought sarcastically, giggling a little at the thought.

"Have they met before?" I asked, gesturing to the two dogs now playing with each other.

"Yes, I think they have. They sure seem to have known each other before," Finland commented.

"Yeah... So how did delivering all of the presents go this year?"

~~~

Omniscient POV~

Vale wandered down the halls of Gakuen, a large stuffed sheep dragging behind her. It was about as big as her! Her sundress was patterned with large sunflowers and her long hair was done up with a large sunflower right at the back of her head. With her finger stuck in her mouth, she looked around the corridor curiously. A door opened nearby and Russia stepped out, almost instantly zeroing in on the sunflower-bedecked girl. He strolled over and kneeled down to Vale's level, which was somewhat difficult seeing as how small she was and how tall he was.

"Privet, little one. Are you lost?" he asked her.

"I wooking for so'eo'e!" she chirped happily after taking her thumb out of her mouth.

"Who?" he asked.

"'co''ie," she said, barely understandable despite her saying "Scottie."

"Oh, I know her. I can take you to her, okay?" He smiled at the thought of seeing Kadi again.

"Otay~!" Vale said, stepping toward him and hugging him. "I Vale!"

"I'm Russia," he said, patting her back a little awkwardly. Obviously it's been a while since he's been around children.

~~

Russia stepped into the classroom with his arms folded and Vale sitting on top of them, swinging her legs while singing a made-up song.

"I found dis nice guy 

And wheeee he gave 'e a wide 

We wook fow 'co'ttie and if I faww 

I die cause I so high up 

And dat would suck big ti'e 

So wet's not faww 

And be a pan-a-cake on de fwoor 

Now I wanna see Uncwe 'attie  

Cause he 'akes awesome pan-a-cakes! 

O~ Pa~n-a-cakes~"

Kadi looked up at the sound of her youngest child and saw Russia holding Vale. "Hey, where did you go earlier, Vale?" she asked.

"I wook for 'co''ie!" she said happily. "Wussia, I di'n't want Ama! Want 'co''ie!"

"What is she asking?" he asked Kadi. Melina looked up from under the counter and waved at the two newcomers.

Kadi sighed. "She wanted to see Scottie, or Scotland. I swear, I need to put this child in speech therapy."

"I can understand her just fine," Melina said over the sound of rattling metal bowls.

"Auntie 'ewina!" Vale said happily as Melina came over and took Vale from Russia.

"YA dolzhen priznatʹsya, ya ponyatiya ne imeyu , kak kto-to , ne svyazannyye s Vale mozhet ponyatʹ yeye," Russia said to himself in his own language just as America and Canada walked into the room. Kadi knew Russian because she is a lot older than she cares to admit and therefore knows a lot of langauges, so she understood what he said. What came next was something that shocked America, Canada, and Kadi.

"Ona moya tetya , tak chto ona dolzhna znatʹ , chto ya govoryu !" Vale said back in perfect Russian, making everyone's jaws drop at the sight of a three-year-old speaking fluent Russian when she has a lisp. How does that work? Then Melina decided to add to the conversation.

"YA byl prinyat v kachestve yeye tetya i, sledovatelʹno, bytʹ khoroshey tetey ya dolzhen znatʹyazyk, yesli vy poluchite to, chto ya govoryu," Melina said, also in perfectly fluent Russian. If there were flies in the room, Kadi, America, and Canada would all be housing them with their mouths.

Melina turned and noticed them all staring. "What? Why are you staring at me like that?" She looked directly at Canada then. "What did I do?"

"U-Uh... You speak... Russian?" Canada asked, barely able to form any sentences more complex than that.

"What? No, I don't!" Melina said. "What made you think that?"

"Dude... You just spoke Russian," America said matter-of-factly. "What, did you not realize it?"

"No... I was speaking English. That's what it sounded like to me, anyway." She looked to Kadi. "Do you have any idea what's going on?"

"U-Uh, not really..." Kadi replied.

"It might mean you and I were one at some point," Russia said, standing behind Melina and putting a hand on her shoulder. "Wouldn't you say?"

"Russia, dude, I don't think she's related to you," America said. "I don't really see it."

"Da, but maybe she and I have had past relations," he suggested.

"It's a possibility," Melina said, shrugging. She didn't seem very affected by Russia's dark purple aura emanating from his person.

"Naw, I still don't see it," America said, hands on his hips as he leaned back to take in the picture. "It doesn't seem like you, girl."

"Must you call me "girl"?" Melina said, an irkmark popping out on her forehead as her eyebrow twitched.

"America, you and I both have had dealings in the past with Russia," Canada pointed out. "Why should Melina be any different?"

"Eh," was all America said in response.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I apologize for the short chapter! *bows* More is to come soon!

I also apologize for not having the translations up! I meant to put them up but it's been so long, I don't remember and Google Translate is being a butt! So I'll see if I can give you the gist of what they're saying.

Russia: It's amazing that someone not related to Vale can understand her so easily

Vale: Well she's my auntie, and if she wasn't able to understand me she wouldn't be a good aunt!

Melina: That's right, I have to be a good aunt and understand little Vale.

Man, I suck... TT~TT

COMMENT VOTE ADD+ FAN WUUUUUUUUUVS~!!!!!!!!!!