Chapter 50~!

WHOA THERE DUDE. READ THAT THERE CHAPTER TITLE AGAIN. O.O

Please read the ending author's note, I have something I really want to say!

Also, Melina expresses an opinion in this and if you don't agree then please don't FREAK OUT. :3

------------------------------------------------------

"-and then he went and-" America stopped in the middle of his sentence to answer his cellphone; the Indiana Jones theme was cut off as he accepted the call. "Hey, what's up?" He listened and his blue eyes grew wide. "You can't be serious!" After a moment of listening he sighed sadly, thanked the caller, and hung up. "That sucks..."

"What happened?" Canada asked, and wasn't heard. I rolled my eyes and asked Canada's question for him.

"Hostess went out of business!" America wailed.

My eyes widened. "Really? So, like, no more Twinkies?" He nodded and I gave a shout for joy. "Yes! I hate Twinkies!"

"What?" America exclaimed, the epitome of surprise and shock. "Hate Twinkies?"

"Yes, I hate Twinkies. Grossest things ever." I moved my hands as I talked to express my utter disdain for the disgusting excuse of a pastry.

"But but but! A Twinkie is a Twinkie! The only time you hear the words "hate" and "Twinkie" in the same sentence is when it's "I hate it when the store runs out of Twinkies"! What is wrong with you, girl?"

"I dunno, but I'll let you know when I find out," I replied with a grin. "Twinkies. Are. Nasty."

"You're so meeean!" America cried into my shoulder. "How could you be happy? Hostess is out of business and you're happy! Why are you happyyy?"

I patted his back consolingly. "Because I grew up eating Twinkies, Ramen, and whatever else never went bad. You can see why I'd be happy by it going out of business."

"But it's Hostess! No more Ding Dongs or Donettes or Twinkies!"

I laughed and walked away, done with consolidating him for his loss. 'Not my loss in any way, shape or form.'

~~~

"Go! Go! Yeah!" I yelled in unison with America as we pumped our fists without taking our eyes away from the screen. After declaring "You owe me for making my suffering worse!" he made me watch The Avengers with him in my room. Again. Don't get me wrong, I love that movie, but you get tired of it after a while. I was cheering because I already knew what was going to happen. Ugh...

Canada looked up from his book and sighed with an amused smile. "You both are so-" He paused that statement when the lights began to flicker and the TV shut off of its own accord. Then the room was plunged into darkness as the power went out completely.

"You both are so... what?" I asked calmly, feeling around for the edge of the bed.

"Melina, that tickles!" Ko squealed, and I withdrew my hand.

"Oops, sorry. Um, here we g-AAH!" I tumbled out of bed as I leaned most of my weight on my hand as it met empty air. I was suddenly on top of America with my face planted firmly into his stomach.

"Hiya, Melina," he laughed, helping me off of himself.

"Everyone just stop moving for a moment," Canada advised. "I'm gonna get the flashlight on the desk, eh?" There were footsteps and the sound of some desk items moving around before a beam of light flicked on, illuminating Canada's face from below his chin.