Chapter 14~! Part 1~!

"How did you guys make that thunder and lightning noise earlier? Was it a recording?" Al asked as we clomped down the stairs to the first floor.

"Oh, that was me," I said from under my hood, repeating the sound effects to prove it. "You know how I can mimic sounds and voices, right?"

"I gotta say, that was some spectacular acting, Melina," Matthew said, and I was thankful for the hood because I blushed bright red, despite the makeup I had on.

"Th-Thanks, Mattie. But you know, it might not have been as convincing if you hadn't suggested I dip my hands in ice water for a while," I shot back.

"Okay, okay, so it was a good prank. Very well-thought out. Now can we please let it go?" Al said rather huffily, and I grinned.

"Happy Halloween~" I sang, bringing back his earlier words and shoving them down his throat. 'Muwahahaha~'

I could hear the music and general hubbub of all the countries already inside before I saw the gymnasium. Checking us in at the front entrance, Mrs. Crayven complimented our costumes before waving us through the open door, which had spiderwebs hanging from the top like curtains. I brushed it aside with a now-gloved hand amd got my first look at a high school dance. For countries, albeit, but still a high school dance.

The main dancing area was in the middle of the gym and was fenced off by fake, dead-looking trees strung with orange lights. The snack tables were on the opposite side of the room, and a DJ booth was set up on one side of the dancefloor. It was dark, and colored spotlights strobed over everyone and everything.

I looked around, putting my hood down to drink in everything more easily. Alfred laughed at my awed expression and pulled me farther in, heading straight for the snack tables heavily laden with candy and fingerfoods; we had to wade through a layer of dry ice fog to get there. I selected a funsize Milky Way and bit it in half, chewing slowly while still looking around.

A werewolf bounded up to me, dragging his twin who was dressed basically the same.

"Vee~ Malcolm, you are scary!" Feliciano chirped, and I finished the candy bar with a smile.

"It's not that scary," Lovino grumbled, but I paid it no mind.

"Thanks, Feli. I love your costume, too, it's so cute!" I said, thinking 'I'm getting a Kagome moment!' I felt the brown ears on his head between my thumb and index finger. "They're so soft~" I said girlishly, just to be drowned out (thankfully) by the booming music.

Germany approached from behind Italy, and Romano shot him a glare before wandering off to the dance floor. Germany's costume was similar to the Italian twins', but his dark open shirt revealed what looked like black claw marks going from his left collarbone and down to the middle of his chest. He offered me a small smile, which I returned.

"Nice costume," I said.

"Thank you, I like yours as vell," he said back.

"I helped him make it!" Italy exclaimed.

"Romano's, too?"

"Si~! Don't you just love the tail?" He turned and waggled his cute doggy tail at me, and I laughed.

"Yes, it's adorable," I said.

"Oh! Malcolm, is that you?" a British voice asked from behind, and I turned after pulling my hood up.

"Ho~w can you te~ll?" I said in a ghostly wail, and England rolled his eyes.

"Because I just can," he replied, and I pouted, putting the cowl down.