Chapter 68~!

Yeah... let's hope this is okay~

———————————————————————

"Nnh..?" I mumbled as a rocking motion slowly woke me up. I was bundled up in a fuzzy blanket and riding on someone's back, I could tell that much. Also, the cold wind nipping at my face indicated we were outside, whoever else formed his/her share of the "we" in that statement.

"Oh, are you awake?" a soft, familiar voice asked happily. 

"Oh, Canada. Hi~" I mumbled, burying my face into the blanket and snuggling up as close as I could to my boyfriend. "Where're we doing?"

"We're being dragged to Denny's by Kadi and Scotland," he said exasperately. "I have no idea why, maybe for coffee to cure your hangover." I could tell by the way he emphasized the word "hangover" that he wasn't happy I had one.

I chuckled nervously. "Heheh, yeah... I have no clue how that all spiraled into what it did, to be honest. I guess I was just in the wrong place at the right time with the right people."

"But you had fun, right?" was Kadi's reply from just ahead of us.

"Yeah," I answered, not bothering to lift my head from Canada's shoulder. "Yeah, it was fun. I got to meet Shawn and Dylan, and they're pretty cool guys."

"Uncle Allistor, are we almost there?" Canada asked.

"I think so," Scotland said.

"Uncle?" I had to ask.

"Yeah, he's my uncle. Kadi's my aunt, and they might as well be married after all they've done together," Canada said, too quiet for those up ahead to hear.

"Seriously?" I whispered back. "Whoa... Oh, and then there's Nova Scotia, right?"

"Right. I'm kind of his favorite nephew, actually."

"Boy, you're everyone's favorite nephew these days, aren't ya?" I ruffled his hair before quickly pulling my hand out of the cold air. "Brrr... It's still February, it's cold!"

"Yes indeed, although this is pretty mild compared to some parts of my country," Canada said.

"Yeah, figures, Mr. Arctic Circle."

———————————————————————————

"Black coffee. Works every time!" Kadi said as I slid into the booth. She and Scotland sat across from Matthew and I, and a waitress approached us soon after we were settled in.

"What'll it be?" she asked, a notepad and pen at the ready.

"Three black coffees and a water," Kadi said quickly. I guessed the water was for Matthew.

"Okay, and you'll be wanting a little time to decide on what to eat, I'm guessing?"

Kadi nodded, and when she left I let me forehead hit the table tiredly.

"Are you really that hungover?" Scotland asked.

"No, I'm just really tired," I answered. "And is coffee really the best idea, anyway? I mean, I always go crazy when I have coffee, sooo..."

"Naw, you'll be fine." Kadi flipped through her menu and we all copied her, deciding on what to eat.

"So, I've heard you guys are pretty close," I began, looking at Kadi and Allistor over the top of my menu. "And after witnessing the events from last night, I'd say those suspicions are confirmed. What would you call your relationship, then?"