Chapter 22~!

• Dedicated to Smiley McGoo :)

This dream doesn't have anything to do with her past!! It's just a random dream that you should go read now because I fail to see why you'd still be reading this lame-o author's note that's distracting you from the chapter. CHIBI LITTLE MAN~!!! *Skips away singing Literal Pants*

I was dressed in strange clothes from the Old West, like a boy with a low-paying job or poorer family. A dirty white shirt with a light brown vest over it, trousers the same color as the vest, and moccasins made of supple and silent leather that was perfectly molded to the shape of my feet. I was in an alley, a hot alley, surrounded by siding on one side and a red brick building on the other. The sun was high in the sky and beating down like a hot day in August from the deep blue sky. I pulled my shirt collar up higher and my hat lower on my head, covering my face a little better. That's when I made my move.

I walked casually out of the alley with my hands in my pockets, respectfully nodding to some passerby and earning a hat tip in reply. Out here it was even hotter, but I payed it no mind; it was like most any other day, after all.

A man somewhat taller than me was standing in front of the Town Hall, dressed smartly but coolly because of the arid weather. He had bright emerald eyes like my own, blond hair that wouldn't obey, and bushy eyebrows. In a sleepy, lucid-dream-self, I noted that it was England. 'So, he's the mayor?'

He was talking with another man taller than him, with shoulder-length, wavy blond hair. His back was to me, but I recognized him by his hair. 'France!'

The two men began arguing, and that's when I saw my opportunity. Striding closer, I turned my head to the side as if looking for something in the distance before bumping into France. We nearly tumbled to the dusty ground, and England smirked at the intrusion.

"Serves you right, you damn frog."

"Oh my, I'm terribly sorry for that!" I exclaimed, righting myself quickly and stepping back with my hands in my pockets once more. "I should have looked where I was going."

"Non, it's alright," France said flippantly, eager to get back to his conversation. I nodded at the obvious want for me to make myself scarce and walked off casually but briskly. When out of hearing and eyesight range, I slipped into a different alley and pulled out a bag of coins. The same bag of coins I'd snitched from France a moment earlier. I smiled at the sight of all the silver shinies in the small bag. It would be  enough to help us get by for at least another month! When I exited the alley once again, whistling a cheery tune, I stepped out at just the wrong time.

The perfect time for an arm to whack me in the face and send me to the ground, which spilled all the silver I'd just received.

"Oh, sorry 'bout that!" An obnoxiously loud voice said from above me, and the body the voice belonged to cast a shadow over me. I blinked twice to clear my vision and saw America dressed up in a cowboy outfit with a shiny gold star on the left side of his vest. The sheriff!

"That's alright," I answered, getting up and beginning to hurriedly pick up the dropped money.

"Let me help you with that, pardner," America offered, but I shook my head and kept my back to him.

"That's fine, but I'm okay, thanks. Sorry for bumping into you." And with all the coins put back safely in the bag, I stood and left, my heart hammering in my chest despite the calm look on my face.

"That was too close," I muttered to myself a second before a shout was heard.

It sounded a lot like "Thief! I've been robbed!!"

"Uh-oh!" I yelped when I saw Sheriff Al turn toward me and begin to run in my direction.

"Come back here!"