Chapter 46~!

"How'm I supposed to change in here?" I asked with my hands on my hips, the dress dangling from one fist.

"Chillax, girlfriend, I won't look. Would you like me to, like, put up the divider?" Feliks offered.

"Please," I replied, if testily.

He buzzed down a solid black divider that scrolled from the center of tha backseat, splitting it in two halves. I thanked him and darkened the window as well so no one we passed would get a free show.

"Something the matter, Melina? You don't seem very, like, happy. Which is weird, because you're always totally cheery and chatty and, like, adorable."

I grumbled something possibly rude and glowered as I stripped off my jacket and shirt. "Today could have gone better." I loosened my bandages.

"Tell me about it."

'Leave it to Feliks to never leave a stone unturned.' "I don't know, I just fell asleep in class and got yelled at. Then after class I couldn't talk to Mattie, like, at all!"

Feliks laughed. "You're starting to sound like me, girlfriend."

"That's what you got out of that?"

"No, no! I was just about to say what I was gonna say but then you went and said what you said and I couldn't say what I was gonna say," Feliks defended quickly. "But anyway, that means you're definitely, like, hung up on something you and Mattie did recently. What happened?"

"Well, I... um... He made me drink his blood after I turned into a vampire?" I said haltingly. I swear, if Feliks had been drinking something he would have done a spittake.

"What? No way! That's like, OMG I don't even know!" Feliks exclaimed, not exactly helping my blush go down.

"Sh-Shut up, it wasn't like you think!" I yelped, hiding my face in my dress even though he couldn't see me.

"Girl, you just scored big-time!" he cheered.

"What are you talking about? I didn't score anything but awkwardness bewteen me and my best friend!" I slipped the dress on over my head and then took off my pants, socks, and shoes.

"Yeah, but you're crushing on him, right? This could be the, like, ice-breaker between you and him! You just tell him that you like him before you, y'know, drink his blood!"

I gaped at the partition. "That's a horrible idea! How could you say that?"

He laughed. "Okay, maybe not the best idea. Are you done changing yet?"

"Almost," I grumbled, slipping on the necklace from a small box and sliding my feet into the fancy black high heels from the shoebox. "There, I'm done."

The divider slid back up and he looked me up and down with a judging expression. "Okay, let me just fix this... and this... There, you're totally set!" He played with my hair a little to make it look nicer. "Okay, now you're totally set."

A few moments later we pulled up to a nightclub of some sort. Poland stepped out and came around to my side of the limo, reaching and helping me out. I let my skirt fall and got a look at myself in the window closest to me. The dress was a halter top that shimmered a lighter purple when the light hit it just right, and a silver design sat just under my breasts. (A/N: Le image -----> that is, IF it shows up... //-_-)

"Wow, I like it," I said, turning just a little to see myself at a different angle.

"Yes, I do have good taste," Feliks said proudly before taking my arm and leading me inside. I could feel the beat from the loud music even from outside, so it was shaking my very core by the time I crossed the threshold (without a problem this time, thank you) and found myself at the outskirts of a huge party. A certain American came up and looped his arm through mine without even a "Hello".