Chapter 6~!

Wow I really never thought this story would be such a hit with you guys. I so appreciate all that you guys have asked me and that you all are yelling at me to update. Now, enough rambling! On to this lovely chapter I like to call: 6~! XD

--------------------------------------

It was my first day of classes, so of course I was a little nervous! Who wouldn't be?

Matthew must have noticed my anxious expression and fidgeting, because he patted my shoulder in a reassuring gesture. "We have all the same classes, right? Don't worry, it'll be fine."

I took a deep breath, released it, and squared my shoulders firmly. "You're right, I shouldn't be so worked up over nothing."

As we walked through the halls to our first class -Science- I noticed some students whispering and giving me pointed looks. 'It's probably just because I'm the new kid' I thought as I shook off my paranoia. 'Everyone goes through this sort of thing, right?'

When class started, the teacher asked me to stand at the front of the class and introduce myself. Reluctantly, I faced everyone and told them a little about myself. Emphasis on little.

"Hi, my name's Malcolm Middleton, and I'm the new kid here. Uhm, I really don't have many things I dislike, and... I have a pet Pomeranian named Zip. He was my mom's before she passed away many years ago."

"Thank you, Malcolm. Does anyone have any questions for Malcolm?" the teacher, Mrs. Crayven, asked, addressing the class.

A boy with reddish-brown hair, a curl on his left side down by his ear, and closed eyes raised his hand. "Vee~ I've-a got one!" His Italian accent was very prominent, I noticed.

"Go ahead, Feliciano."

"How do you feel about pasta?"

That was surprising. "How do I feel about pasta?" I echoed.

"Si~!"

I smiled. "It's one of my favorite things to eat, actually. It's easy to make and delicious!"

Feliciano gasped. "Get out of the town! Ilove pasta, too!" He smiled really wide, and I couldn't help but smile back. Was his personality contagious or something? Not that that's a bad thing, of course.

A few more random questions were asked, including "You will become one with Mother Russia, da?" from a tall kid named Ivan. I politely turned him down, thinking "WTH?" Then class truly started after I was given my seat next to a boy who introduced himself politely as Kiku Honda, a.k.a Japan.

"So, you're like the expert on all things anime, then?" I asked quietly.

"Werr, I suppose you could put it rike that," he replied, also quietly so Mrs. Crayven wouldn't catch us.

"That's awesome. I really like anime. And Vocaloid and other Japanese techno singers."

"Rearry? What is your favorite song?"

"Definitely Bad Apple, because it's great in both Japanese and English. Magnet, Nostalogic, the list goes on and on."

"Interesting. Not many men would admit they rike those things." Oh snap. "I think we could become friends, Marcolm-san."

Phew! Crisis averted, captain. "Sure, I'd like that. I only know a couple people so far, so this is great."

"Perhaps I could introduce you to my other friends after crass?"

I nodded. "Yeah, sure thing."

~After class

"Germany-san! Itary-san!" Japan called to his friends who were waiting for him in the hall. "I'd rike you both to meet Marcolm-san."