Chapter 28

Author's Note:

Hi, everyone~

If you happen to read up until this one, here's a big hug for you, (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

As you all know, I've been away for quite some time and I'm still adjusting to writing again and reconnecting with this ongoing book of mine. This chapter took me 3 weeks to finish; I did my best to make this worthy of your time. Thank you for patiently waiting for updates.

Also, here's a sweet song dedicated to Madison and Kai because it's just perfect for the situation they're currently in.

Don't forget to cast your votes and comments. I would appreciate it! Give yo Momma some lovin' ✨

〰️

"When are you coming back again?" I ask, without taking my gaze out off the road. I'm driving Kai to the Airport, it's their first day of shooting his upcoming film. It's been a week since the Pure Pacific Meeting fiasco and thankfully, we were able to plan out every detail of the project before his shoot started. He spent the night at my place; we had Chinese takeout for dinner while watching Friends on Netflix. I remember being so perplexed when he appeared at my door with a shining-shimmering Samsonite Luggage beside him and a big-ass paper bag full of mouthwatering oriental dishes in his other hand. He looked like he was moving into my place for a brief moment.

"After a month, I think? We have to finish all the scenes on the island before heading back. Why?" He says, smirking. "Wait, don't tell me you're going to miss me so much? I can ask Margot to rearrange our schedule and book me a flight back for a day."

"What?!" I frown. "Are you crazy? It's only a month. It's not like I'm not gonna see you forever." I am such a good liar. I think I'd pass as an actress. Of course, I'll long for him, but there's no use in mentioning that. I don't wanna get in the way of his work schedule.

"Right," He shrugs. "It's just a month of not eating together, not seeing each other, no random calls and messages. It's just a month, no big deal." He says sarcastically.

"Hah, don't pull that trick on me." I couldn't help but smile. He's trying to make me let out what's on my mind but I'm not giving up so easily.

I park the car on the curbside, a little too far from Departure Gate 1, where he's scheduled to enter. I can see a couple of paparazzi and reporters from here holding video cameras and setting up tripods, probably waiting for him to arrive to cover his departure and to capture his way through the entrance.

"So, this is it. Going out together is too much of a hassle, don't you think?" I cannot afford another headline, especially now that he's working on a new project.

"Yeah, I can handle it from here."

"Well..." Okay. What should we do now? Wave at each other? Hug?

"Bye, dummy." He leans over, his face is so close to mine that I can feel his breath onto my skin. "See you in a month." He says before surprising me with a deep, long kiss.

Oh, shhh.

I couldn't move.

Here comes all the butterfly, making weird dancing in my stomach.

Ugh.

This is the second time that he has kissed me. I can no longer count how many times we've been together but this is only the second time—we couldn't care less about rushing onto the intimate gestures because we enjoy each other's company so much. "Remember to stay away from trouble, alright?"

I shoot him a glare. It's not like I'm a natural mischievous. I just started getting into all these messes when we unintentionally became close. "Whatever!" I hiss.