Chapter 2

I let out a sigh of relief when I arrive in Casa Luna. It's located in La Luna. It's like the main destination on the island because it is where you'll also find the infamous surfing beach named Surf Town as well as tropical-styled restaurants and bars. Yes, I did my research.

When I went out of the Airport, there was a van waiting for me in front and the driver has this placard that says Welcome, Ms. Madison Del Valle!

As for Kai, we parted ways the moment we stepped out of the plane. I have no idea where he went.

"Hi. I have a 5-day stay reservation." I say when I get to the front desk.

"Hi, I'm Layla. May I have your ID for verification of booking, please?" The receptionist says. She's wearing a white polo shirt with a small Casa Luna embroidery on the side. I hand her my citizenship ID. While she's checking my booking, I look around the place.

Casa Luna is not like the typical hotel that has a corinthian-styled lobby with a shining-shimmering floor and an enormous chandelier. It's an open area. There's a medium-sized pool on the side with pool chairs, and a bar on the far front, there are wooden tables and chairs in the open space, while the front desk is located on the side near the huge modern-styled black gate. There's a triangular-shaped 2nd floor just above the open area. I don't know what's in there though. The rooms are on the far left side. It's more like an apartment type with the 2nd floor and 3rd floor.

I take a deep breath to feel the freshness of the place. It's so refreshing. The province-like kind of freshness—that even if you close your eyes, you'll know you're surrounded by trees and there's an ocean nearby.

Layla hands back my ID together with the key card. "Your room is on the first floor, room number four. Breakfast is served from 7 am to 10 am in Casa Luna open area. I'll have the porter bring your luggage to your room. Is there anything else I can help you with?"

I beam. "I'm all good. Thank you."

The room is huge. There's a white velvet queen bed, a plasma tv hanging on the wall, a coffee table paired with a cozy single-seater couch in front of the floor-to-ceiling window with large cream drapes, and a two-door closet. Everything is a combination of cream and white. There's a bathtub in the comfort room, and they are using organic soap, body wash, hair conditioner, and shampoo. There are bamboo toothbrushes and organic toothpaste! Wow.

I hear my phone vibrate so I check who sent a message.

✉️ Best friend Ollie
Hey, are you there already?
Keep me posted.

I couldn't help but smile. Olivia is always that sweet best friend who sends you texts whenever you're out of town. Should I tell her about my unlikely encounter with Kai?

To: Best friend Ollie
I just got to the hotel. You wouldn't believe who I saw on the plane!

Why did I even ask myself if I'm going to tell if I'm really going to? I giggle.

Not even a minute passed when she replied.

✉️ Best friend Ollie
Who???? Luis????

What? Does she think I saw my trashy ex-boyfriend on the plane? Girl, that would be really messed up.

To: Best friend Ollie
No. Better than Luis.
Kai Carter was sitting beside me on the plane. 

*knock knock*

I look at the closed door. It's probably the luggage. I stand up from the fluffy memory mattress and walk toward the door.

"Hi, here's your luggage." A guy—that seems like a porter—says, pointing to my large-sized silver Rimowa luggage standing beside him. "And here's a Maui island breeze from Casa Luna as a welcome drink." He hands me the martini glass. It even has a little umbrella.

"Thank you!" I happily say. I move the luggage inside before closing the door.

I start drinking the cocktail.

Woah. This one's a bomb.

There's a hint of cranberry and pineapple with a kick of vodka. This makes me feel like I'm really indeed on a tropical island.

I suddenly can't wait to go surfing in Town to feel the saltwater on my skin.

After devouring their welcome drink, I start unpacking my clothes—putting them inside the closet. Yes, not organized, just putting. I suck at arranging things. That's why I don't invite people into my place—well, except for my ex-boyfriend—because it's a complete mess—clothes hanging anywhere, shoes scattered on the floor, pieces of jewelry even on the kitchen counter, except that I don't leave unwashed dishes on my sink. I buy food through delivery so everything will go into the trash bin right after.

When I'm all set, I grab a pair of clothes to change into. I'm currently wearing jeans, a black shirt, and a pair of Nike Cortez sneakers. I want something comfortable. For the past weeks, I was always in my corporate/office get-up for almost 24 hours a day. My job requires a lot of time in the office—talking to different people—convincing them to work on our respective projects. I'm a producer. I cost project bids, I go to shoots, and I ask suppliers to give us discounts. That's basically my job.

After changing into a lousy shirt and beach shorts, I walk towards the open area—hoping they are serving lunch meals.

"Hi, can I see the menu?" I ask the person on the other side of the counter, he's busy organizing bottles of liquor but he immediately turns to my place.

For the—I've already lost count—time today, I am perplexed.

It's Kai Carter again.

"Oh, the woman on the plane." He says, handing me the menu.

He's still wearing the same clothes but without his NYC baseball cap this time. I can clearly see his face. He's so recognizable. Isn't he scared people might cause a ruckus here? And why is he even here—organizing liquors?

"Woah, how many times are we going to see each other today?" I sarcastically say before checking out the menu.

They have a nice selection on their menu. Everything is so mouth-watering and it's so hard to choose! It's like these are all worth the try. Ugh. I may not be cooking at home but I am a certified foodie. I like tasting food from newly-opened restaurants downtown.

"Do you need help?"

I look up and give him a do-you-even-know-anything-about-all-these? gaze.

He grins. "Our best seller is veggie and beef wrap, bolognese pasta, Casa Luna special, and four seasonsit's composed of apple, watermelon, banana, and mango."

I sit on the barstool and straightened my body. "Did you just change your careerfrom being a charismatic actor to a chef? bartender? hotel personnel?" I confusedly ask.

He chortles.

"What?" I retort. 

"I own this place."

Author's Note ☽

Hi, fellow Wattpad readers and writers, 

This is my first published (ongoing) book. If you happen to end up until this note, thank you for checking my story out. It really means a lot. I'd be glad to hear your thoughts, so make sure to drop a comment ♡