Chapter 38

THIRD-PERSON POV

"Kai, your phone's been ringing." Jason, Kai's Stylist says, handing him his cell phone with an unknown number flashing on its screen.

Kai's not the one who answers phone calls during shoots. He likes focusing on one thing at a time to give it his best shot thus, he hates distractions, but everything changed when she met Madison. He constantly checks his phone now to see if she leaves a call or a message although he knows Madison isn't the kind who'd disturb someone over something trivial.

"Kai speaking." He sparingly says as he answers the call.

"Kai? Is this Kai Carter?"

"Yes." He frowns, thinking who might be the person on the other line who sounds like she's in a hurry.

"Kai. This is Ollie. Madison is in the Hospital downtown. I think you should see her."

"What?" He shrieks in shock, reason for everyone in the Studio to gaze at him. "Why? What happened?" He asks again.

"Please see her now." Ollie cries on the other line. "I should... I should be there, but I have a scheduled operation in a minute... Please..." She says in between her sobs.

Kai's heart starts pounding when he perceives something bad might have happened to the only person he couldn't bear to lose.

He bit his lower lip and clenches his fist. The thought of seeing Madison in a Hospital bed scares him. "What the fuck happened to Madison?" He asks, enraged.

"I'm... I'm not..." Ollie couldn't even talk properly because of bawling so hard. "I'm not in the position..."

"Shit." He hangs up the call and storms out of the Studio, leading to the parking lot. Margot tries to stop him from going out since they're about to take the last frame before they pack up.

What the fuck happened to her? Shit. Shit. Shit. I don't think I will ever forgive myself if something bad happens to her.

A while ago, Kai posted a photo of Madison on his Instagram account, telling the world how fascinated and blessed he is to be given a second chance to love and be loved again. Kai knows it's going to create a ruckus between media outlets and his fanbase, but he doesn't care anymore. He's done holding back.

He starts the engine and drives to the Hospital downtown as fast as he could.

I love you, Madison.

I love you too.

All he could think about is the presence of Madison, and how he instantaneously becomes happier when she was around. When Madison left Paradise Island, Kai wanted to call or message her, but he knows he needs to settle things with Max first, and he did, that's why after seeing Madison in 24/7 Cuisine on the same day he comes back from Paradise Island, he immediately sent her a message.

What the fuck? We were okay last night. We were fooling around on the couch. We went to bed together. She slept peacefully in my arms. What did the hell happen?

When he enters the Hospital, he immediately walks to the Front Desk. "I'm looking for Madison... Madison Del Valle."

The Attending Nurse scrutinizes his face, noticing how familiar his face is.