Chapter 46

Instagram

@kaicarter

Liked by @olliegibbs and 8,120,589 others

morning coffee run 🍑😌☕️

〰️

"Coffee?"

I look up to see who steps into my office. "Hmm?" I mumble. It's Rachel, sipping on her cup of coffee with a hint of smirking on her face. "I already bought one earlier," I say, pointing at the cup of Cold Brew on my table.

"Oh, right! You had a morning coffee run with Kai." She sits on the couch.

I curiously gaze at her. "How did you know?"

It's Saturday and we have a lot of stuff going on before the release of the Pure Pacific x Kai Carter TV ad next week. They will be holding a press conference and an after-party for that commercial alone so we're a bit pressured, especially Arden.

It's been three weeks since we came back from Paradise Island and we've all been working so hard for the post-production of our shooting since then. I even barely see Kai. Sometimes he'd offer to drive me home from the office and there were times he'd stay in my place and wait for me to come home.

Aside from that Ad, I also have two projects ongoing so I'm really, really busy. Kai wanted us to unwind today but I told him I can't so again, he offered to become my driver for the day.

He came to my place at 8 am since I need to be in the office by 9 am for a conference call with a client abroad. We just stopped by Flourist Café. I need my daily dose of caffeine to get through the day.

I feel exhausted. I didn't even bother to dress up today. Besides, there aren't too many people staying in the office because it's the weekend so why bother? Duh.

Anyway, I don't remember bumping into Rachel this morning. Wait, did I not see her while we were inside the Café? You know, when you have a boyfriend who's beautifully breathtaking, it's hard to catch up with the other things around you.

Kidding!

As I've said, I have a lot on my plate so I tend to overlook other stuff when this happens.

Rachel puts down her cup of coffee on the table, picks her phone out of her dress pocket, and starts scrolling through the screen.

Okay? Is that the end of our conversation?

I wince. "Why? Have you seen us earlier? I'm so sorry if I didn't noti—"