Chapter 52

Dear Arden Thompson,

Please accept this letter as my formal resignation from Empire Entertainment as Executive Producer effective immediately.

I have enjoyed being part of both the production and management teams while learning things on both ends for my career development. On a more personal note, I would like to thank you for all the opportunities, guidance, and support you have given me throughout my stay. I'm so glad to have known all of you who have imparted me knowledge that could be a help for my work and memories of bond I would treasure even when I'm no longer a part of this organization. Contributing here has been immensely rewarding. I hope my work would be considered as something valuable to the company. This decision has not been easy, but I have decided that it will be in my best interest for my life advancement and future growth.

My efforts until my end date will be to wrap up my remaining workload and to turn over my responsibilities. I wish you and the company much more success in the future years.

Sincerely,
Madison Del Valle

〰️

I look at my laptop screen again. Re-reading every sentence in my resignation letter, making sure there are no grammatical errors.

It's 9-ish in the evening and I'm still in my office. I want to finish most, if not all, of my paperwork. I don't want to burden anyone with my unfinished business when I leave the company.

Ollie's words kept lingering on my mind, and right after hearing that I realized how accurate she was. I wanted to book a flight right away to see my beloved boyfriend and tell him I can't continue living on the other side of the country without him, but I can't just disappear in thin air. There are a lot of people who rely on me at work, so I have to wait until we released my two other ongoing projects.

Tomorrow, I'm planning to submit my resignation letter to Arden. I don't know yet if I should address another one to Ham and send it through email but he needs to know. Ham is a friend I'd like to keep in my life like Ollie as well as Rachel and Katie. Oh, I'm going to miss their loud voice and nosiness.

Speaking of, they kept on asking me about my relationship with Kai. They wanna know if we're still together or if I'm gonna follow him there since Kai's arrival at the airport is all over the news and the internet. I didn't mention to them my departure from the company yet. I want Arden and Ham to know about it first.

I hear my phone chime.

I try to find it in the middle of scattered papers on my table. Jeez. I suck at being organized and I can't do anything about it.

It's Kai.

"Babe," I mumble.

"Are you home already?"

"Uhm, not yet. I'm just finishing up some paperwork in the office."

"Tsk. Madison, it's almost 10 pm."

Oh, no.

Take the hint, Madison.

Do not release the wolf in him. I repeat, do not release the wolf in him.

Ever since Kai left, he's been extra cautious about me. He doesn't like it when I'm pulling an all-nighter in the office. He'd call me when I'm about to leave and he would stay on the line while I'm driving and until I get home. He said he always wants to make sure I'm safe since he's not here to protect me.

When we talk over the phone, he's always trying to entertain me though. He would tour me around the place he's currently in or he would introduce me whenever he was out with his local friends which I didn't know he has since Cali was the only one I met before.