Chapter 35

"Where are you?" I annoyingly ask.

"We're almost there. Gosh. It's not like our seats will be taken if we don't arrive on time." Ollie says, a matter of factly.

"I don't wanna miss even the movie trailers right before the intro, okay?"

"He can ask her boyfriend to do the scenes we've missed anytime he wants." I hear Milo say on the other line.

"Blah blah blah!" I mock. This isn't a good time to fool around with me because I'm looking forward to this day.

Ollie laughs.

"You guys better be quick because I haven't bought snacks yet." I scowl.

"WHAT?"

"We were supposed to meet 30 minutes ahead so we can look around and grab some really good food, remember?"

"I know, and we're sorry. We'll be there in a minute, alright? See you." She says before hanging up the call.

I sigh. I've been standing here for 15 minutes already but good thing it's windy today although the sun illuminates the whole place that I had to wear sunglasses.

I open my Messages on my phone and start typing.

To: Babe
I'm meeting Ollie and Milo now :)

Kai messaged me an hour ago, asking what my plans are this afternoon and I'm too shy to tell him I'm gonna watch his rom-com movie that made it to the Top 10 Highest Grossing Films on its first week.

He's currently at his rest house in Santa Barbara with his family. They're going to watch Love in Paradise, his newly-released rom-com movie there as requested by his parents. He flew there yesterday and will be back tonight.

He told me to come with him but Ollie already submitted her leave of absence for today so we could watch Kai's movie together like how we used to do it. It's an annual thing.

This is supposed to be our date and everything's planned out, but instead, it's gonna be my third-wheeling day since my annoying brother is joining us. I think I should remind Ollie to keep our schedules to ourselves so no one would intervene. Geez. They better not PDA inside the cinema or they'll be dead in no time.

It's been a month since Kai's movie finished filming, while its premiere took place a week ago. I still remember how dashing he is; the way he walks on the red carpet and how he smiles in front of the camera.

I open the Instagram app on my phone and head to his account to see the photos I told him to upload to boost the release of his new movie.

@kaicarter