Chapter 39

The brightness coming through the window dazzles as I slowly open my eyes. I feel my stomach cramping and my whole body aching as I try to move.

"Madison?"

I look at the person beside me.

It's Kai.

He's concernedly staring at me with my right hand pressed between his palms, gently caressing it.

"How are you feeling?" He calmly asks.

"I'm fine," I mumble as I try to remember how did I end up here, and it gradually sinks into me.

I am supposed to have an appointment with Dra. Solano because I'm feeling under the weather but Max suddenly dragged me to the Comfort Room. She was being aggressive and pushed me to the corner but I tripped over so my hips hit the basin instead.

Max, you grinch.

"What happened to me?" I worriedly ask, remembering what Max uttered when blood heavily comes out of my front bottom. Did I get pregnant? Am I still carrying our child? "What happened to me, Kai?" I reiterate when he didn't answer right away.

He draws a sharp breath. "Babe,"

I feel my chest getting heavy again. Did I lose our child? Is this why my stomach tingles in pain? Kai wouldn't be looking at me with sadness in his eyes if something bad didn't happen to me. Still, I want to hear it. I want to confirm it. I want someone to directly say it to me. "Just tell me, please..." I'm trying to hold back my tears, not because I'm afraid of showing my emotions or burdening the people around me, but because I don't want to get drowned by the thought of losing a child.

"You were 6 weeks pregnant but you had a miscarriage due to stress and shock. You had a blood transfusion and hysterectomy earlier. You're still under observation."

I look away from him.

Maybe I was wrong, maybe I'd still grieve. I should have been more careful. I shouldn't have gone here. We were blessed to have a child but I lost the opportunity to be a great mother, and the worst part? I wasn't given a chance to even take care of or see our baby even for a short while.

"Babe?" Kai kisses my hand. "How are you? Tell me what you feel, please? You don't have to keep it to yourself."

I bet Kai would a great father. We would have been a beautiful family living in Paradise Island and people would call us The Islanders. I'm more than willing to give up my lavish life in the urban jungle to build a life with Kai in a place that would give us peace even if we didn't plan it out ahead of time. After all, who wouldn't want a simple life by the ocean?

"I'm sorry. I wish I was right beside you when you're hurting. I'm so sorry..."

I turn my gaze to him. "I should be the one apologizing." I push myself to smile. "I'm sorry I wasn't able to protect our ba—" I sob, tears start streaming down my face. No, I can't hold it anymore. "I swear, I didn't I got pregna—" I can't even finish what I want to voice out. It hurts. It's so heavy in my chest.

Kai sits on the side of the bed and envelopes me in a tight, warm embrace. "Shhhh. Don't blame yourself, babe. This isn't your fault." He says while gently stroking the back of my head. "I love you. We're gonna get through this, together."

I cry my eyes out on his shoulder. It's been a while since I bawl this hard. "Can... can w-we offer a candle... for o-our baby?"

He nods. "Of course. We'll do that when you've fully recovered already. We'll go to church and pray for our little angel."

I pull out of the hug. "Wait, how long have I been here?" I ask, thinking about our project with Pure Pacific.

"2 days, I guess? Don't worry, I called Arden yesterday and he understands. He'll handle everything in the office so just take a rest so you can recuperate quickly, alright?"

"Our shoot starts in 2 days, Kai."

"Shh. When we get there, I want you to relax. You can work but more on relaxing, got it? I have everything prepared and under control." He authoritatively says but in a gentle way, if that's even possible.

If I had been in a different accident and only got a few bruises, I'd insist on what he wants but I know to myself I could use a day or a week to get over this. "Okay. I will."

"Milo and Ollie want to visit you today but they want to know first if you're okay with that or do you need some alone time?"

I frown. "Mom isn't coming?"

"She'll come in a bit late since she has a scheduled surgery, but she'll be here."

"Okay," I hope she's fine. I hope I didn't worry her that much. She might be too nosy and treats us like teenagers but I hate making my mom fret. We all do.

He gently touches my stomach under the sheet. "Do you need anything? Does it still cramp?"

"A bit." I hold his hand. "Kai, is Max still here?" I ask with a please-tell-me-she-left look. It's not that I'm blaming her for having a miscarriage, but I do. I hate her to the bones. She's the reason why we're here instead of celebrating at home.

"She's never coming anywhere near you again. Ever. I won't let that happen." He says before kissing my forehead.

〰️

BREAKING: Madison Del Valle reportedly had a miscarriage with Kai Carter's child

Madison Del Valle, Kai Carter's rumored girlfriend reportedly had a miscarriage at the hospital downtown.

An Insider told Noticed that Madison is supposed to have an appointment with a doctor because she's been feeling nauseous and having morning sickness when Max Montgomery, Kai's ex-girlfriend suddenly dragged her into the comfort room and confronted her inside.

A few minutes later, some of the hospital staff and patients heard Max screaming, asking for help and when they arrived at the scene, Madison is lying on the floor with blood all around her.

Royals & Co., Kai Carter's agency has yet to release a statement regarding this issue. A few months ago, they were also asked by the press to confirm Kai's relationship with Madison Del Valle but they kept mum about it although some people have seen them strolling and driving around town.

Kai Carter is currently trending on Twitter at #1 Worldwide as netizens express their opinions online.

Janine (@janinexd)
If this is true, my prayers go out for Madison. She's been through a lot of criticism since the speculations broke out.
12K Retweets 25K Likes

Luca (@heyitslucad)
How can Kai Carter let this happen? He's too careless. He and Max can go out. Madison deserves more than all this crap she's been experiencing.
35K Retweets 90K Likes

Madonna (@ohladonna)
Max is too mean for Kai. She didn't support him throughout their relationship. No wonder she's gone hysterical when she realized how happy Kai is with another woman.
89K Retweets 103K Likes