Chapter 55 - The End

"Good morning, ladies and gentlemen. On behalf of Pure Pacific, it is my pleasure to welcome you aboard flight 8B2. We are currently second in line for take-off and are expected to be in the air in approximately five minutes. We ask that you please fasten your seatbelts at this time and secure all baggage underneath your seat or in the overhead compartments. Don't forget to use caution when placing items in and removing them from the overhead compartment, and let us know if we may assist you. We also ask that your seats and table trays are in the upright position for take-off. Please turn off all personal electronic devices, including laptops and cell phones. Smoking is prohibited for the duration of the flight. Thank you for choosing Sky Star Airlines. Enjoy your flight."

It's not the first time that I'm listening to the pilot's pre-flight announcement, but the way I hear it now gives me a different type of vibe. It makes my heart pound in excitement and I know exactly why.

Today, I'm finally reuniting with the love of my life; the one who held me through the tough times and held my hand during our joyful moments.

I'm sitting on my favorite seat, of course—right beside the plane window where I can see the aerial view of our nature and its wonders.

Kai sure knows it's my favorite spot. After all, it's where I was sitting when we had our first encounter.

He must have had a hard time booking me a plane ticket since flights to Paradise Island are limited per day so people are flocking on the airline's website, waiting for the next available seats.

It's 7-ish in the morning. The sun has not fully set on the horizon and the sky's in its perfect hue with a hint of its cold breeze that makes everyone shiver but in a good way.

I feel someone occupy the seat beside me but I continue lurking at the scenario outside of the plane, where people and cars look evidently small.

This must be the titan's point of view and boy, I'm not liking it.

A cabin crew stands in the aisle, in front of us, and starts explaining and demonstrating the usage of everything we can find in our seats; oxygen masks, life vests, manuals, table trays, etc., and some reminders before and after we depart. I intently look at her, pretending to listen. I've already memorized its purpose for flying back and forth since I was a teenager.

As she finishes her spiel, I switch my phone into Airplane mode and puts it back in my Birkin bag.

I left Kai a message while I was checking in my luggage, saying I'll be on the island at around 9 am, based on the ETA of our flight. He said he'd pick me up at Paraiso Airport.

The plane slowly moves forward onto the runway. I rest my back and grip the armchair as we descend into the airspace. Aside from the unpredictable turbulence, I also hate it when the plane takes off, the sound of its screeching tires and the way our body slants as the plane leaves the ground makes me sick, but tolerable, not to the point that I'm gonna throw up every time it happens.

I suddenly remember Kai offering me his bottled water to ease my airsickness. Who would have thought that we'd end up together? Who would have thought that we actually became unbrokenhearteds.

"Good morning, passengers. This is your captain speaking. First, I'd like to welcome everyone to Pure Pacific Flight 8B2. We are currently cruising at an altitude of 33,000 feet at an airspeed of 400 miles per hour. The time is 7:22 am. The weather in Paradise Island is clear and sunny, with a high temperature of 27 degrees. If the weather cooperates we should get a great view of the island as we descend. The cabin crew will be coming around in about five minutes to offer you a light snack and beverage, and the inflight movie will begin shortly after that. I'll talk to you again before we reach our destination. Until then, sit back, relax and enjoy the rest of the flight."