Chapter 14

•·················•·················•

BREAKING: Kai Carter and Madison Del Valle kissing in Paradise Island

Spotted, Kai Carter and Madison Del Valle having an intimate night at Chick n' Chug, a pub located in La Luna, Paradise Island.

An insider told Noticed that the two were at a yacht early this morning for a trip to Tagoan Lagoon as well as Max Montgomery—Kai Carter's girlfriend of 4 years. They reportedly ended their relationship after she rejected Kai Carter's marriage proposal.

Kai Carter and Madison Del Valle have first seen in Surf Town, Paradise Island after a Twitter user uploaded stolen photos of them at the beach.

Madison Del Valle is said to be an esteemed executive producer of digital advertisements and television commercials.

Posted at 2:30 pm

•·················•·················•

I thought we were already done with the surprises since I'm back in town, but I guess the media won't just let this pass. And there's an improvement this time, my name and career are included.

After my flight from Paradise Island, I went straight to Empire Entertainment HQ to finish a bid proposal for submission tomorrow morning. I'd rather finish this today than to cram it all later.

"Girl, you're the hottest topic in the industry now, people have been talking about you since Noticed published the article," Katie says before taking a sip from her cup of coffee. Katie Green is a fellow producer, but he only joined the team recently. Ham had to hire another one to help me with the workload and handle new agencies. Katie is 5 years older than me. She's married and has 2 kids.

While I was busy drafting the document, she walks into my office, telling me to search my name on Google because Noticed released another story.

"Do you think it will somehow affect my career?" I don't want to attend briefings, pre-production meetings, shoots, client, and agency presentations with people always opening that topic up to tease me.

"Oh honey, I think they will start loving you more." She says.

Oh, of course, they would love to hear how everything started. I can already imagine.

"Relationship in the midst of show business is indeed chaotic." Now I know how Max felt back then. It's such a pain in the ass.

"Tell me the truth, are you really dating Kai?" Katie asks, narrowing her eyes at me.

"No, I'm not." I don't want to tell more, I have no time to reminisce about our encounter.

Katie flashes a look of disappointment. That's sad. I thought it was real. You guys are perfect for each other. I mean, the looks plus career success? Such a gorgeous couple everyone would be envious to have."

"I don't think your ship would ever sail, so might as well drop the idea," I affirm. What we had is a 1-week thing—or friendship or whatever you may call it.

"Alright, alright. I'm leaving. Good luck with the proposal." She says before disappearing from my sight.

I look at my laptop screen and start working again. I arrived here at around 3 pm and it's already past 6 pm. If it wasn't for this submission, I wouldn't bother to go here. Sure, I can finish the work at home, but I know myself very well. The moment I enter my place, I'll head straight to my room and throw myself on the bed. Ending? I won't be able to finish anything and that's a no, no.