Chapter 36

"What's the final headcount?" I ask. I'm in my office now with Rachel and Nix. We just got back in Empire Ent. HQ from our meeting with Pure Pacific in their Head Office, 30 minutes away from here.

"5 from Camera Department, 4 from Kai's Team, 2 from Pure Pacific, 7 from Empire Entertainment. We're 18 in total, Ms. Madison." Nix answers.

We're check-listing the things that we need and must accomplish before our shoot 5 days from now. Others usually do this the night before their shoot but I hate last-minute meetings. What if we overlooked something important? Then we're all doomed on the shooting day.

"Okay. 18 is good. The fewer the better. It's hard to shoot out of town if there are too many people in the same place. Is the location settled?"

As part of our campaign Ad for Pure Pacific, we'll be shooting in Paradise Island. This also intends to promote local destinations in the country for the Summer vacation.

"Yes, everything in Paradise Island has been sorted; from the shooting sites, accommodation, food, and service vehicle," Rachel answers while scribbling on her notebook.

"How about the plane tickets? Will it still be shouldered by Pure Pacific?"

"Yes, they allocated a plane we can use both for the shoot and our flight."

"Nice. They're so generous, aren't they?" I say, with an I-can't-believe-them expression on my face.

Rachel laughs. "Other companies should take note."

"Gosh, I'm so excited about this trip—not only we'll be working with the Golden Prince but we'll also be on Paradise Island! I've been wanting to go there! It's listed as one of the most must-visit places in the world, but the plane ticket costs as much as going to another country." Nix clamors.

"I think it's buzz-worthy though. Madison found the love of her life there." Rachel butts in, smirking.

I smile. "It's not about the place. It's serendipity."

"You've grown too cheesy," Rachel complains.

"Ugh, I can't wait to meet the one destined for me too," Rachel says, looking at the ceiling with her hands pressed together as if she's praying.

"Try to look around, maybe he's just there but you're too focused in another direction," Rachel advises Nix while patting her shoulder.

"What about you, Ms. Rachel?"

"What's about me?"

"Are you with Mr. Right? Were you able to find him?"

"Yes, I think so." Rachel determinedly answers.

Look at her. She can't even profess her feelings for Arden. The day after we went to Reserve, I sent her a message, apologizing for leaving her behind and asking what happened with her little Project Make Arden Fall For Me. She said she wasn't able to make a move because he wouldn't put his guard down.

"Tsk. You guys need some lecturing." I cross my arms. "You don't think come looking for someone destined for you. Once you're both ready, the universe will conspire to give you the person you deserve." I confidently share. That's what I've learned from my relationship with Kai. Let go, because if it's meant for you, it's going to happen.

*bzzzt bzzzt*

I pick up my phone from the table. Someone who isn't on my contact list is calling. "I'll just get this," I say as I walk out of the office.

"Hi, Madison speaking," I answer on the other line after closing the door.

"Hi, Madison."

"May I know who's this?" I ask, even though I know who is it. I just want to make sure.