Chapter 34

I feel like my eyeballs are coming out of its socket. I didn't know he was the other customer who stood beside me when Rachel and I got there.

"Sure." Rocks awkwardly nod but still manages to show his beaming face. He heads to the other side to get a bottle of Jack Daniels.

I look away from him. I don't know what to say. Should I greet him? Should I pretend I didn't see him? Jeez. Why does it feel like I'm in my college days when romantic relationships are far more complicated?

"Kai, let's take a photo with the directors!" I hear Margot shout from behind.

I turn to Rachel. "Talk to me, say something," I mumble before drinking the glass of Amaretto Sour in front of me in one go. I don't want Margot to see me. She likes getting the attention of everyone and I despise it.

"What? Wha—" Rachel peers at the person beside me. "Oh, it's your boyfriend."

Oh, dear God. "Shhhh." I shoosh.

"Here's your Jack, Sir." Rocks hand the glass to Kai.

I see Kai staring at me intently the whole time through my peripheral vision and he's not very happy. Huh, shouldn't I be the one flaunting that aura between us?!

He takes his glass and strides back to their area, straight-faced.

I understood when he didn't come to me when Margot shouted my name during their shoot because we don't want to get a lot of attention especially now that the premiere of his upcoming film is just around the corner. He may have said he doesn't care about what other people would say about him but I know deep inside, he wants to make this movie become a hit just like his any other projects in the past. After all, it's his hard work. I know him, acting is his passion, and it will always have a special place in his life.

Yes, we've been spotted going out together but Kai never confirmed our relationship which leaves everyone still puzzled and our status undisclosed. I'm aware that he's a public figure and has a reputation to look after, but telling me what the real score is about them being together again doesn't hurt, does it?

"Hi, Rocks! One glass of Amaretto Sour for me again, please." I say while smiling alluringly at him.

He nods and starts making my drink.

"I'll just go back there and try to have a flirty chit-chat with Arden," Rachel says before walking towards our table.

Look at her, asking me to go here with her and then leaving me all alone when she's ready to flirt with Arden.

I feel my phone vibrate from my back pocket so I pull it out to check who sent me a message.

✉️ Babe
Is it possible for you to spare me a moment? Can we talk?

I turn off my phone and slid it back into my pocket. Now, I am furious. Talk? He should've done that earlier. Also, he's the one who changed his name in my contacts.

"What's with the..." He says, gesturing my expression, still beaming. How can someone be this smiley?

I take a sip of my glass. "Nothing, just tired from work. Don't you guys have seats here anymore?" I jokingly point out. The last time I went here, they still have bar stools.