Chapter 1

The view from seat 15A is breathtaking—the ocean seems so endless and in different shades of blue. The fluffy clouds are calming to the eye, while the mountains are making me feel so small. A sudden realization that the planet is really that huge and there are so many things to be discovered.

This is why I love sitting beside the plane window, you get to see the world from above. Good thing I was able to convince Leslie to book me this seat. Leslie is the manager of Windle Mart. A supermarket near my condo, and thanks to their yearly Christmas raffle draw, I'm now on a 5-day all-expense-paid vacation to Paradise Island.

"Coffee, Sir?"

I glance at the flight attendant named Sandy—her name tag states—who's intently looking at the person beside me. She's smiling so widely but it seems like he doesn't notice because he's busy reading a book with his AirPods on. I couldn't help but look at him as well. He's wearing a black NYC baseball cap, white shirt, and black tight jeans. I couldn't peer at his shoes to complete the get-up details. That would come out creepy. I don't want him to think that I'm a creep.

It's been about 2 minutes, but Sandy's still standing there, waiting for his response.

Why isn't she asking me?

I was planning to have coffee while waiting for my flight since I worked all night to finish a bid proposal. But I arrived at the airport 20 minutes before the departure—I'm blaming the rush hour traffic—so, instead of buying a cup of caffeine to keep me awake, I had no choice but to go straight to the counter to check in my luggage.

To make the story short, I'm the last one who enters the plane.

I poke him on his shoulder. I don't really like meddling in other people's business but it's a bit bothersome to have Sandy wait there until we land because it looks like she has no intention of offering other passengers until this guy accepts her coffee.

He looks at me, baffled.

Uhm, wait.

Holy mother forker!

Now I know why Sandy just won't let this pass. It's freaking Kai Carter. Kai freaking Carter!

A 30-year-old celebrity who's known internationally because of his charisma and award-winning talent in acting.

Sandy must be freaking out inside as much as I am now.

I slowly raise my hand, pointing my index finger to the flight attendant waiting beside him.

He mouths an "Ohhh," from his moist reddish lips. I wonder if he uses lip tint? Or is it really normal for actors to have a kissable lips?

He waives his hand to Sandy and says, "I'm okay, thank you." before turning to his book again.

Sandy's face is flushing red.

I'm about to say, "I'd like coffee." when she suddenly moves forward to the passenger in front of us. I bit my lower lip in dismay. What is this, double standard? Do I look like I won't pay for that freaking coffee? It's not even a high-end one but it costs like the beans were fresh from the farm.

"Do you want coffee? I can ask her to bring you one." Says the pretty guy beside me.

Did he just talk to me? Did he see how disappointed I was through his peripheral vision?

Whatever.

Why am I even so worked up over him?

Of course, Madison. He's a renowned actor. Everyone—especially ladies—is dreaming to be with him even for a minute.

"No, it's okay. I'll have one when we get to the Airport." I answer confidently.

He closes his book and places it on his lap. "I'm guessing you haven't been to Paradise before? There's no coffee shop in Paraiso Airport."