Chapter 47

"What did you just say?!"

I shut my eyes and draw a sharp breath. "I told you, he asked me to move in with him."

"And you rejected it by breaking up with him?! Are you nuts or are you dumb?"

I raise an eyebrow. "Tsk. Ollie!" As always, people are staring at us because of her high-pitched voice. "I was flustered and indecisive. We just lost a child, for heaven's sake."

Ollie dragged me—yes, dragged. She went to my office and helped herself inside to find me—to a downtown luxury shopping center where you can find designer and hella expensive clothes, bags, and shoes.

We're walking down the aisle in between the stores, talking with each other while checking out every window we pass by. It's been so long since we last had a bonding like this.

Ollie and I had a quick phone call last night, she wanted to check up on me since I've been MIA for a month—I had an earful for that—and I remembered mentioning the launching and after-party of Pure Pacific's Ad.

So, here we are, looking for the perfect dress I could wear for the event. I told Ollie earlier that I have a pile of dresses at home. I mean, duh? I may not be a party person but I love splurging on wearables but she keeps on insisting.

K, fine. It's not like I can do anything with her perseverance.

"Well, for the record, you're the only person I know who makes up her mind and changes her life decisions so quickly."

I was telling Ollie everything that has happened on Paradise Island and her reactions are so exaggerated, especially the part where I saw Luis.

"As far as I know, we're all allowed to change our minds and make mistakes. It's not like it's forbidden."

She grins. "If I were Kai's girlfriend, breaking up with him won't ever cross my mind."

I make a straight face. "I have this strong feeling that you secretly swoon over my boyfriend."

She grins. "I AM NOT!"

Oh, yeah? Her reaction says otherwise.

"I love Milo. He's the best!" She continues.

"How's he? Is he still staying at our Mom's?" God, I feel useless. I never talked to him and our Mom when I came back from our out-of-town shoot.

"Yes, I often go and sleep over at your Mom's house. She even told me one time that I am the daughter she never had. Hahaha!"

My eyes widen. "WHAT?"

She hits me on the shoulder. "I'm kidding! Hahaha!"

I bit my lower lip. "I suddenly miss my Mom. I'll surprise visit her next weekend. "Are you sure they're okay?"

"Yes, don't worry! I told them you might be busy with work that's why you're a no show. It's not like the first time, and they understand."

"That's true though." When swamped with work, I tend to forget to check up on my family. I'm such a bad daughter, aren't I? "By the way, how are things with you and my brother? Is he giving you a hard time? Is he still childish?!"

"Believe me, I am more childish than him and we fight more often than not." She beckons.

I beam. "As long as you love each other..."

"Oh, look at that shoes! It's so pretty!" Ollie stops in front of Christian Dior, gazing at the pair of J'Adior slingback pumps in the color gold.

Wow. It's stunning. Well, everything about this shop is amazeballs.