Chapter 40

"Tsk. Stop hugging her too tight." Milo scowls while trying to pull Ollie away from our embrace.

"I miss my best friend! I wasn't able to visit her yesterday as planned because of an emergent surgery I have to assist with. I feel guilty." Ollie glowers at Milo before turning to me again. "Are you okay now? I'm so sorry for what happened, dear."

I smile. "It's okay... and I'm fine. Maybe it's not yet time to have a family? If it's meant to be, God will find a way."

Kai and I talked yesterday about what's ahead of us and decided to look at the brighter side of life.

Ollie sits on the side of the bed and holds my hand. "Of course... I believe in that. This too shall pass, alright?"

"When are they releasing you? We should go on a vacation. What do you think?" Milo interrupts, showing us a beach photo on his phone.

"I'd love that!" Ollie shrieks. "We can plan that out now and book an exclusive seaside Villa. Wait, let me check, I remember seeing a breathtaking secluded Island on my phone..." She picks up her Prada Re-Nylon Re-Edition Mini Bag in Alabaster Pink and takes out her phone.

"Uh..." I give Kai a please-help-me-tell-her-we-have-something-else-to-do look which he easily picks up.

"Madison will be released tomorrow but we'll be flying straight to Paradise Island," Kai starts to explain.

"Back to the place where it all started?" She gives me a sneaky peek. "Sure! Milo and I haven't been there so we can join you guys." She demands.

"Honey, we have a project for Pure Pacific's latest ad and Kai is their new brand ambassador that's why we're gonna be there." I further explain. "We can schedule a getaway some other time though."

"Yeah, we can do that. I just wish we could spend more time with you." She gives me a dejected look.

Gosh. Her mood shifts too quickly I can't even catch up. It seems like she's the one who's been hospitalized and not me.

"You and Milo can stay through the night if you want. Kai brought a portable projector. I can't stay here another day without doing anything fun so I asked if we could do a movie marathon tonight." I happily announce.

Ollie's eyes lighten up in an instant. "Geez. I'd love that!"

"I also brought extra pillows and sheets," Kai says, showing us a paper bag full of stuff in his grip.

"Exciting! Let's order salad wraps." Ollie says with her eyes fixed on her phone, probably surveying a delivery app.

Milo starts setting up the table for the portable projector while Kai moves the sofa near my bed and starts lining up the pillows in it.

My hospital room is quite big. There's a 16-inch plasma display television hanging on the far end right side that's why we have enough space to project a movie on the plain white wall. There's a small refrigerator just below it and a countertop beside it. There's a medium-sized sofa that could fit 4 people, a small coffee table, and an adjustable over-bed bedside table with wheels. My bed is a bit spacious too, Kai slept beside me last night.

"Hey," Milo whispers. "I'm sorry for only coming here today. I just got back from a convention. I couldn't book a plane ticket back in town until yesterday."

"It's fine," I mumble. "Mom was here though. I think she's madder to you than I am." I quip.

He grimaces. "Psh. I felt it. She called to nag me for an hour."

"Any movies in mind?" Kai asks, looking at the screen of his MacBook Pro in Space Gray placed on the table.

"White Chicks!" Ollie suggests, raising her hand.