Chapter 29

Dedicating this chapter to @fiorevy ♡

Thank you so much for reading this book and for all the good feedback! 

〰️

"Ms. Madison, we're getting refreshments from Flourist Café, do you want anything?" Nix asks.

"What?!" I unbelievably utter. "That's an hour away from here. Why don't you look for other Coffee Shops in this area? I'm sure you can spot a nice one."

We're currently in Baked Studios for a Digital Ad shoot for a cellphone brand that is to be released in the market alongside the advertisement. It's supposed to be a 12-hour shoot based on the shot list provided. We've been shooting for 9 hours already but we still have plenty of frames undone.

"Max's team wants some freshly made iced shaken tea Flourist Café," Nix complains, rolling her eyes heavenwards. "Earlier, they requested their lunch to be from Max's favorite Italian Restaurant downtown when we have their requested food pre-shoot catered today. They've been asking favors they shouldn't be asking. They're so irritating."

I pat her shoulder, hoping it will calm her down. "Just let them have what they want. We don't have a choice either. I don't want them to go berserk."

I've been observing the shoot since Arden has been grumbling for a while now because apparently, Max's team is too slow, from changing her outfits to getting her makeup ready; the very reason why we're delayed.

We had the same issue with our last shoot with her for Project Medic, but Ham didn't make it such a big deal. Plus, we have plenty of time for that shoot unlike now.

"She's not that famous yet but her team's already giving us the attitude. Hmp." She says, crossing her arms.

I laugh. "Buy something for you guys also, and ask Arden if he likes a cup of coffee. Who knows, it might cheer him up. He's not having fun right now." I say, looking at Arden who's currently talking to Max, it seems like he's showing her the frames that we need to work out.

"I feel like he's gonna blow up anytime soon." She looks at her wristwatch. "Oops, I should get going." She says before hastily walking through the door leading to the lobby.

Baked Studios is a high-class workshop and event place. It's a huge stand-alone building with 3 studios, a hall designed for parties and other private gatherings, and a lobby that has modern interiors with dim lights and earth-tone-colored sofas with glass coffee tables. We rarely book this one for shoots because it's a bit pricey especially if we have a limited budget, but GreenOnion Agency wanted to give Max Montgomery an A-class shooting experience this time which means everything should be well-thought-of. I have no idea why they are so fond of Max and I'm not interested to know.

I catch Arden's eyes when he briefly looks at me while he's talking to Max. As time pass by, he gets to blend with everyone in the office. Ham also visits us from time to time and brings hearty meals made by her loving wife.

Arden walks towards me.

Fudge. What is he going to tell me? Scenes like this make me just want to disappear in thin air. Oh please, let it be good.

"Let's not bid on another project where Max Montgomery is the endorser. She's good but her team's meh." He says with a straight face. "She better changes her staff or it will break her rising career in this industry."

Here comes the impatient Arden.

"I'll try to talk to her." I force myself to smile. I need to be calm in times like this, there must be a balance of emotions so everything will be under control.