Chapter 27

"Do you think Milo is sincere with my best friend?" I ask Kai out of the blue, again. We're hanging out in my bedroom. He's laying on his back at the bottom side of my white velvet queen-sized bed, playing Tekken on Milo's Switch—I have no idea how he ends up having that—while I'm sitting with my back leaning on the headboard. It's already around 6 pm but the heavy downpours haven't stopped yet. I guess we won't be coming back downtown tonight. It's dangerous to drive for 2 hours with this rain and flooded streets.

He nods without looking at me. "Yeah. I think so." He mumbles, but loud enough for me to hear.

I raise an eyebrow. "How? How did you think so?" I ask, with so much eagerness. I still cannot comprehend the thought of Ollie and Milo being together—going out together and attending family reunions together. Well, if there's one thing I like about this revelation is that Ollie could be my sister-in-law and not someone who automatically assumes there's something romantically going on between me and Milo, which concludes that I am incest. Gross. I just hope Milo won't fuck things up between them so we could be family, for real. Uhm, how did I go from questioning their feelings for each other to settling down with each other?

He looks up at the ceiling for a second, as if trying to remember something before turning his gaze to me. "He keeps on talking about how happy he is with Ollie while we were in the kitchen." He says, beaming.

I draw a sharp breath. Maybe they are sincere with each other and I should stop fussing over it.

"Stop meddling with their relationship, alright?" He chuckles. "They're old enough to know what's good for them."

"I won't and I know!" I hiss. He's making it look like I'm going to plot a scheme to separate them. Psh.

He glances at the window. "I think we're stuck here."

I grimace. "Yes, and I have a 9 am briefing tomorrow with Pure Pacif—wait, are you going to be their new ambassador?"

He nods. "It's my last advertisement project alongside the upcoming movie. I didn't know it was going to be with a huge company though. Royals & Co. sure knows who to target to gain millions before I go on hiatus."

"Well, that's how businesses work. Do you have a schedule for tomorrow?" I ask, realizing he has a lot of work to do while juggling business stuff.

"Yeah, I have a script reading for the upcoming film." He hastily turns his gaze on me, as if he suddenly thought of something urgent. "Speaking of, we'll be shooting in Paradise Island."

"Ohhh," I mouth. Wow. He must be really busy and he's going to be busy for the next few months to finish and promoting his latest film.

"You want to come?"

My eyes widen for a moment. "Seriously?" I'm not expecting that from him. I mean, it's work. Why would he invite me over while he's working?

He smirks and says, "Do I look like I am?

I shoot him daggers. "You'll be there for work, okay." I retort— feeling a bit agitated. It's not like we can be together anywhere, duh.

"Yeah, I'm kidding." He chuckles. "We can spend time together after that though if you're not busy. What do you say?" He says in an oh-so-sexy tone of voice.

I can feel my face flushing and my heart pounding. "I think we can," I answer but with a hint of hesitation.

He stands up and pulls me into a warm hug. Oh, this is so good. I couldn't help but close my eyes and devour the moment.

"Are you happy?"

I nod. "Yeah, to the point that I don't want the morning to come."

〰️

"Fuck, I'm late," I mutter to myself as I tap the 3rd-floor button inside the elevator. Okay, I need to be calm.

Gosh. How am I supposed to be calm and collected when I am 30 minutes late in our briefing for Arden's first project in Empire Entertainment? I am such an embarrassment. Oh, God. I hate myself. I feel like I'm going to pass out anytime soon.

I'm on my way to Pure Pacific's Board Room where everybody probably thinks I'm not capable to lead this project. I didn't plan to be this late though. The traffic was such... grrr. Okay, aside from that, we woke up pretty late. We're supposed to be heading back to town at 6:00 am but Kai and I are too comfortable in bed with each other through the night that we didn't hear my alarm on time.

I wasn't been able to take a shower. I just brushed my teeth and changed my clothes. Kai's still in his clothes from yesterday, but he still looks dashing. I told him to just drop me here then he can go home already. Oh, I should have brought him to the meeting so he can have all the unwanted attention.

As I open the door, everyone's attention shifts in my direction but Arden's gaze stands out among them. It's deadly.

The room has a long table surrounded by at least 30 reclining chairs.

Since all eyes are on me, I might as well introduce and explain myself. "Hi, everyone. I'm Madison Del Valle, Executive Producer of Empire Media." I pull out a sad and disappointed look on my face. "Uh, I'm really sorry for being late. The traffic was so heavy."

"It's okay, dear. Have a seat." A woman in her 60s says while smiling earnestly at me. She has this vibe like my Mom.

Oh, shhh. Is she the boss?!

I sit beside Arden. It's the closest unoccupied seat to the door. "I'm sorry, I was at my Mom's downtown an—" Can I be any luckier today? Psh.

"Save it for later and listen to the discussion first." He says with a straight face, cutting me off.

"So, as we were discussing..." Margot continues, briefly staring at me before wandering her eyes around to everyone. What's with the look? "We have to finalize everything by this week and please, please make sure this schedule won't affect our taping for his upcoming film. Can we get a copy of the first draft of the timetable by tonight?"

"Of course. I'll send it to you via email." I calmly say while giving her a sly smile.

"Great. Thanks. You can also directly coordinate with Kai since you two are... you know..." She ludicrously says.

I feel like my eyeballs are coming out of its socket, unbelievingly eye-ing her. She's impossible. She doesn't have to say that. It's all over the internet already and I've had enough of all the stares since the speculations broke out. Why is she being extra mean all of a sudden?

I hate this day.