Chapter 41

"Are you sure you will be joining us? Today's gonna be hectic. Gosh. You should've taken a break! I'm sure Arden will understand." Katie worriedly demands before taking a sip of his cup of black coffee. She's wearing a see-through floral shirt tucked in a pair of denim shorts paired with a plain white slip-on espadrille.

This is what I meant when I said I feel like there's no more privacy left for me. They took away my solitude for their own good. "That's why you're here though." I jokingly counter. I don't want to say 'I'm fine, don't worry' anymore because I've been saying that since we got here yesterday. Besides, she's here to cover for me in case I become involved in another media circus. Ugh. Ham called yesterday when we were about to leave the Hospital, asking how am I doing and if he can send Katie instead but I refused. I don't want to be alone and drown myself in sadness in my room. I'd rather be sad by the beach than sunken myself in the hustle and bustle of city life.

In the end, he agreed that I can join and so is Katie. She's assigned to do all the talking and negotiations between the director, the celebrity, and some other stuff like urgent background talents or sudden changes of props and costumes while I am in-charge in negotiating with the agency and client.

Katie laughs as I take a bite of my flaky, butter croissant. We're in La Mari Surf Resort and Restaurant, having our breakfast. We arrived yesterday night, had dinner, and a quick alignment, and then we all went to our respective rooms to fix our luggage. I have my own room, so Katie, Nix, and Rachel are sharing a room, Kai has his own, Margot is with Kai's Stylist and Hairdresser, Arden has his own as well as his Assistant Director, while the crew stays in an 8-bed room. This is where we'll be staying throughout the shoot and as the name goes, it's a resort that has a famous Italian restaurant inside. The place is twice as much as Casa Luna. There's a parking space for cars and motorbikes, a merchandise store, a pool, and plenty of rooms that surround the whole place.

"I was skeptical when Ham asked me to come here on the day of the flight. I mean, I wasn't prepared. I was not given a chance to buy a new set of beachwear!" She humorously says.

"I wonder how epic your outfit would be if you were able to prepare." I counter, laughing. Katie's outfit is on point. She doesn't even look like she has kids and is happily married.

"Oh! You guys are up already." Rachel walks towards our table when she sees us. She's wearing black shorts, a black shirt, a black bucket hat, a black buckle slides, and paired with a white tote bag. Rachel sure brought our shooting outfit to the Island.

I didn't bother to plan my wardrobe since I don't have the energy to do so. I just threw in my beach clothes in the luggage. Today, I'm wearing a white two-piece paired with white beach mesh sheer pants, slipper espadrilles, a native Abaca bucket hat, and a few jewelry pieces to give it a subtle sparkle.

"Good morning, Rachel!" Katie energetically responds while waving her hand.

"Hello, hello! I thought I'll be the first one to come here. Why are you guys up so early?" Rachel asks as she sits beside Katie.

"Katie was actually the first one, she's already eating when I come in." I teasingly announce. It's only 7-ish in the morning and our call time is at 9 am.

"I'm a morning person, you guys. That's what motherhood has done to my body clock. I have to be up before everyone else." She explains.

Rachel turns to Katie, glaring at her. Katie's eyes widen when she realizes what she just mentioned.

Katie alarmingly looks at me. "Oh, shoot. I'm so sorry, dear..."

Oh, I just want to disappear from the earth. Everybody thinks I'm too fragile to handle. "It's no big deal! I can't avoid that topic forever. I'll be on that track at the right time." I reassure.