Chapter 33

•·················•·················•

AS IT HAPPENS: Kai Carter and ex-girlfriend Max Montgomery were spotted together upstate

Kai Carter's upcoming rom-com movie has just finished filming earlier today and to celebrate its success, they are having a wrap-up party in Reserve, an exclusive nightclub upstate where Noticed spotted Kai Carter hugging and intimately talking with his ex-girlfriend, Max Montgomery. It is still unclear if they arrived at the party together or not.

Noticed ran an extensive report about the ex-lovers' relationship and history

Noticed ran an extensive report about the ex-lovers' relationship and history. Kai and Max first met in June of 2015, during a birthday party of their common friend in Santa Barbara. A month after that, Max was seen arriving at Kai's penthouse which has its own parking lot and a private elevator, making it easy for her to go in and out without being easily spotted outside. In January 2016, Kai made their relationship public wherein he emphasized that he was in love and wants to grow old with Max Montgomery. The two rarely go out for a date together and through their relationship, Max never accompanied Kai to the red carpet during awards ceremonies and movie premieres.

A few months ago, Max rejected Kai's marriage proposal, leading to the end of their 4-year relationship. Since then, Kai is being linked with Empire Entertainment's Executive Producer, Madison Del Valle.

Posted at 6:10 pm.
•·················•·················•

I zoom in and out of the photo. I'm not sure if it's him, but I doubt Noticed would release a developing story like this if it's not him. It would ruin their reputation as the #1 media outlet for paparazzi photos and up-to-date news of celebrities.

I just went back to my office after an intense 2-hour meeting with the in-house directors and production staff and decided to scroll through the web while waiting for an email, little did I know it would only distract me from working. Kai mentioned their wrap-up party tonight but he never mentioned hugging his ex-girlfriend?!

After the shooting fiasco yesterday, we've decided to just have lunch at my place and ordered Vietnamese food instead of going out, being seen together, and getting uncomfortable by the stares of everyone.

*knock knock*

"Come on in," I say without taking my eyes away from the article as if it would change and disappear in an instant.

"Hey, are you free tonight?"

I hear Rachel's voice. I look up, squinting. "Why?" I mouth.

"Arden arranged us a spot in Reserve, it's an exclusive nightclub upstate. It's fully booked already because of some sort of wrap-up party but Arden pulled some strings..." She says, giggling, even twirling the ends of her long black wavy hair with her index finger.