Chapter 32

"Hey, wanna have lunch?" Arden asks, peeking into my slightly-opened office door.

"Thanks for the invite but I'm having lunch with Kai." I peek at my wristwatch. It's already past lunchtime. Kai said he'd message me around noon since they're scheduled to wrap up at that time but up until now, I haven't heard from him.

"Psh. You guys would eventually break up." He mocks.

I pull a face. This jerk. He's becoming too comfortable with me that he's now joking around about my personal life. I never mentioned that I'm officially in a relationship with Kai though, he's just assuming, although it's obvious.

"We're having a Korean barbecue. Are you sure you don't want to join?" Rachel butts in, also peeking at the door.

Shocks. I suddenly feel starving. I'd love to have some fresh meats cooked right in front of you paired with nicely fermented kimchi. I shake my head. "You go, guys. I'll join you next time." I joyfully say, as if I'm not envious of what they're having for lunch.

"Alright! We're leaving now. See you later, Madison!" Arden waves his hand before leaving together with the other in-house directors, production managers, and production assistants. He has learned how to blend with everyone now. I'm guessing Ham's been training him really well.

"Eat well!"

Ugh. Where are you, Kai?

I pick up my phone to call his number.

Ringing...

Ringing...

No answer.

Geez. Where is he? Are they still shooting? He'll promptly update me if that's the case. Should I just go to their filming location? It's just a 5-minute away from here. I'm getting a bit worried too. Kai has been shooting around the City for a week already, that's why I know what his routine is every time they're on set, and he's been spending the night in my place. He'd only go to his place whenever he has to get something important or pack more clothes. Last day, we did our laundry together before he left for work. I think he's just too shy to ask me to live with him, but that's what we practically have been doing.

I grab my purse, wear my sunglasses, and head outside. I'll just walk it out instead of driving, for sure it's hard to find a parking space near their filming location.

 I'll just walk it out instead of driving, for sure it's hard to find a parking space near their filming location

〰️

"Action!"

Ohhh, they're still shooting. I'm in 7th Avenue now where Kai mentioned their location today. The street is jampacked with people who are either intentionally watching because they're a fan or passersby who just wanted to see what's going on.

"Cut! Let's do that again."

I try to get into the swamp of people. "Excuse me! Excuse me!" Gosh. I've never done this in my whole life and career. I'm used to always being one of the most important people for every shoot.