{ VII }

'It's a good thing you informed me right away Morgan, thank you

'It's a good thing you informed me right away Morgan, thank you.' Marcello lowers his phone and looks at me. 'I have bad news.' 

The look in his eyes is sending my mind places. Dark, pitch fucking black, places. 

'What is it?' Neveah eagerly asks before Celine wraps her arms around her again. 

That's what she has been doing ever since she got here. Fucking hugging her.

'A boat left the harbor two nights ago. They think it was Steel.' Are you fucking kidding me? 

The glass in my hand almost shatters, so I slam it on the table and look at Marcello. There's more. 

'And they have no clue where they went.' 

He had all this time, forty-eight fucking hours, to lose us. And he did. 

I can't panic. Not yet. 

'He's not in Europe.' Marco says, looking at me for a second. He's panicking. Not because we have no clue of where she is, but because of the look on my face. 

He knows that he needs to keep his mouth shut. At least to me. He can continue babying Neveah like the others have been doing the entire day, but he needs to shut up about anything else. 

'Rafael, it might be a smart idea to gather more-' Marcello's cut off by a beeping sound. Someone's phone is ringing. 

North's phone. 

I wait for her to pick up, but she's too busy waiting for Marcello to continue to pick up her goddamn phone.

'Take the call.' I sneer, making her look at me for a second. 

Her eyes are red and puffy and I remind myself of the talk I had with Celine. 

"Chill back on her a bit, she has enough on her plate already." 

'I'll be back.' She takes her phone and walks into the hall as quickly as possible. 

As if that phone call is her escape from reality. 

I can't imagine what she's going through and I don't want to either, but she understands that we have to continue. Now more than ever. 

'As I was saying, you need to gather more men.' Marcello continues, turning his gaze back to me, 'Did you ask Camilla?' 

'She said that if I wanted to talk to her, I would have to go there in person.' I grunt. It's exactly what Marco told me yesterday. 

Not the news I was expecting, but I can't blame him for it. 

'So what are you waiting for?' Marcello asks a little disappointed. Yes? What am I waiting for?  

I heard about this yesterday, so I should've left yesterday.