{ XVIII }

The bedroom door opens and I turn around, to see who it is

The bedroom door opens and I turn around, to see who it is. Isabelle would've knocked, but Noah wouldn't be able to get in without the code, so it must be Isabelle. 

It's not. 

It's a male. 

A tall male I thought I would never see again. 

'Rio?' He presses his index finger against his lips and slowly closes the door, gentler than ever. 

'What are you- how did you get in here?' He rushes to the bed and looks at me, almost touching me, but quickly deciding not to. 'Come with me.' 

I climb out of bed and follow him to the balcony. 

He came back... He came to rescue me... 

'Where's Neveah?' He rolls his eyes, almost making me laugh because it's so typical of him, and slowly opens the door. 

It shouldn't be able to open. It should be locked because of the safety system, but somehow it opens.  

'How the fuck did you do that?' I ask as I follow him outside, into the cold night air. 

The moon shines bright, making almost everything gleam in the dark. 

'I have my ways.' He says, slowly climbing down the edge of the house. I look back, take a deep breath, and follow him down, feeling the cold wind brush against my exposed legs. 

'Follow me.' He runs out the back, towards the unoccupied side of the island and I simply follow him. 

He searched for me... 

Rio suddenly stops and turns around, taking me all in with those hungry eyes. 'We have to g-' He pulls me closer, wrapping his arms around me, and kisses me deeper than ever before. 

Something rushes through me and I let my arms wrap around his neck, with my hands entangling in his hair. 

Instantly regretting it. 

He slept with Molly... 

'Fuck.' He groans as he tries to lift me up, but I push him away. 

We have to talk, but in order to talk, we have to get the fuck out of here first. 

'We should go.' He doesn't like that. He doesn't like the fact that I still won't give him what he wants, even now. 

'Cataleya, I-' Cataleya... No. 

I knew this was too good to be true. 

Rio wouldn't call me Cataleya unless he wanted to calm me down or... No... 

I wish this shit would just stop. 

'Wake up.' I say, to myself, making him frown at me. 'What?'