{ LIV }

Fuck

Fuck... 

'Cataleya you were not supposed to hear that.' Leonardo states, taking a step towards her.  'Leon, please don't.' 

I can't take my eyes off of her and inhale sharply when she turns back to me. 

'Answer the question.' She should be sleeping. 'Adriano, say something.' 

'You knew about that already.' I say, feeling the tension rise by the second. 'I-' She takes a deep breath and stumbles back, almost ending back in the hall. 'You don't want kids?'

'Valentina-' 'You don't want them at all?' She asks as a tear rolls down her cheek. Fuck... 

'No.' I have thought about it for years, but having kids is not something I can see myself doing. 

'You-' She chokes on her words again and looks between Leon and me, 'Alright.' 

She's out the door before I can even blink, but I run after her, following her through the hall, up the stairs. 'Valentina.' 

I want to grab her, but I don't want to hurt her. 'Listen to me-' She runs even faster than before, almost flying up the stairs, and heads toward the bedroom. 

'Valentina.' I slip in front of her and block her way through the door, trying to make her listen to me. 

'Rafael, I'm tired.' She tries to reach past me 

'Let me explain.' Her eyes meet with mine and I can see another tear form in her eyes. 'Please move.' 

'Can we talk first?' She shakes her head and lets another tear escape. 

I want to reach out and wipe it away, kiss her for every tear that rolled down her cheek because of all of this. 

'Rafael, I'm really tired.' She says, her voice wavering more and more by the second. 'Please?' 

I normally like it when she begs for what she wants, especially when it comes to me, I like seeing her desperate for me. 

But I don't like this. 

I don't like any of this. 

So I step to the side, letting her slip into the room, and slam the door right behind her. 

I lean against the door and sigh deeply, fighting the urge to break down the door and take her in my arms. 

It's the last thing she wants now. 

I can hear footsteps down the hall, but keep my eyes on the wall, trying to focus on one thing at once. 

But it's too much at once. 

'Adriano...' I want to strangle every person in the world right now, 'I didn't know she was there.'

'Get out.'