{ XXIV }

'Neveah?' Marco steps into the room, his hand covering his eyes

He probably thinks I'm changing, but I'm just doing my hair. 

'Come in, I'm not changing.' I say. He lowers his hand and looks at me. 

I quickly finish my hair and take a seat on my bed, tapping my hand on the place next to me as I wait for him to take a seat as well. 

'Brandon said you wanted to talk to me.' He says as he takes a seat next to me. 

I nod and look at the door, hoping that he closed it well enough for no one to hear this, even though it's not really a secret or anything. 

'Last night, after everyone left and Rio and I talked for a while, he left. I mean, first, he got really angry and told me to stay here and he looked like he was going to explode or something, so I stayed and he left and then-' 'Neveah, calm down.' Marco puts his hands on my shoulders, trying to keep me from moving and rambling on about what happened. 

'He might've killed someone because of the shit I said...' And I couldn't sleep last night. Not even when I heard Rio get back to the house. 

I just couldn't. 

'He did.' Shit. 

He murdered someone innocent. Again. 

All because of what I said. Shit. 

'He murdered a spy that tried to catch up to us, sent by god knows who.' What? 

Marco nods because of the look on my face and smiles as he jumps back on his feet. 'He murdered someone, but I doubt it was because of what you said.' Oh... 

Relief washes over me as I take in what he just said. 

He did murder someone, but that person wasn't an innocent one. 

'And if you don't believe me, ask him yourself. He's talking to the others in the dining room.' Marco says as he heads to the door, 'He wants to talk to you anyways.' 

Me? 

Rio wants to talk to me? 

I follow Marco to the dining room and look at all the people in the room. Everyone is sitting in a chair and looks at me. 

'Take a seat, we have a lot to discuss.' Rio says, not taking his eyes off of the paper in front of him. 

Marco and I head to the empty chairs and look at Rio. 

'My uncle claims that there's a necklace like this,' Nico starts, showing me a necklace that seems familiar to me, 'that belongs to your family, specifically your uncle.' 

My uncle had a necklace like that? It's a simple necklace with a big golden pendant. 

'He wants it in return for the files.' Nico says, turning back to Rio once he's done. But Rio's looking at me.