{ LXVII }

I hold my hand in front of the door and take a deep breath before I knock

No one responds but I can hear voices on the other side of the door. 

Voices I don't recognize at all, but they don't sound very happy. 

I debate if I should knock again or just come by later and look down the hall to see if Marco's still there. 

But just like he said, he left to do something Rio ordered him to do. 

I decide to just knock one more time before going back to check up on Veah, but this time, I can hear a chair scrape across the floor. 

'Come in.' Something rushes through me at his hard voice, and I don't know if it's a good or bad thing, but I open the door and peek inside. 

Three older men are seated around the table, close to Rafael, and they all stare at me. 

Two of them nod their head my way, before turning to the oldest, who's still staring at me. 

He looks almost identical to Marco, just older. A lot older. 

'You wanted to see me.' I say, keeping my eyes on the older version of Marco. 

It's scary how much they look alike, but it's making me wonder if they're related in any way. 

They didn't tell me they had an older brother? 

He turns away from me, looking at the man at the head of the table. 'I did.' 

I have to fight the soft groan wanting to leave my throat because of his cold tone. 

Rio told Marco he wanted me to come and talk to him, but he's being distant again. 

'Gentlemen,' He says, making me look at him, 'give us a moment.' 

'But we're-' 'You heard him.' The older version of Marco states, turning back to me. 

He slowly gets up and brushes some dust off of his jacket, before nodding his head at my husband. 

The other men get up as well, following his lead, and they all walk past me, nodding at me as well. 

I nod back and hear the door close behind me. 

'What did you want to talk about?' I ask as I step closer, feeling something hurt in my chest as I look at him. 

He keeps his eyes on mine, before slowly nodding his head and brushing a hand over his face. 

'Everything okay?' He looks absolutely exhausted and I just want to hold him, but I want to respect his boundaries. 

'No.' He admits as he sighs deeply, moving some pieces of paper across the table. 'What's wrong?' 

I haven't spoken to him like this in a while, but that's because we've both been busy with other things.