Epilogue

'So now that we have dealt with the little things, tell me why you wanted to meet us.' Leon says as he moves the papers toward me. 

I glance at it, before looking back at my phone. Still nothing. 

'I was wondering when you were going to ask me about my request.' Julian says, probably smiling to himself. I couldn't care less about whatever it is he has to say right now. 

I didn't even want to be here. I was forced to go to this stupid meeting. 

Simply because I haven't shown my face in a few weeks. I don't need people searching for me. 

'I have a client that has a very expensive shipment that needs to be moved out of France.' I can see Leon leaning forward in his chair. 

I want to look at him, but notice a message pop up on my phone and look who it is. 

Marco... 

𝚆𝚎'𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚘

I don't give a fuck you- 'I need you to be more specific, Julian.' 

The man across from us moves to the edge of his seat as well, trying to intrigue Leonardo even more. 

'It's confidential.' I almost roll my eyes and quickly look at Leon. He's smiling proudly, shaking his head as he leans back in his chair. 

'If you want our help, we need to know what we're getting ourselves into.' 

Some of Julian's men chuckle and I want to blow their heads off. 

We're wasting my time by having small talk about some stupid deal. 

'Typical Curzio's.' He chimes as he snaps his fingers. 

A few seconds later, he shoves a piece of paper to Leonardo, who takes a look at the photo he's showing. 

I can vaguely see a diamond necklace in the photo. 

'It's-' 'Marie Antionette's bracelet.' Leon finishes and I can't help but contain a little smile. 

He has always been interested in jewelry, that's why he's perfect for that segment of our empire. 

'How did you get this?' He asks curiously. 

'My client got it from an old friend.' Marie Antionette... She was royalty... 'She wants it moved and I told her I would make sure it would get from A to B without any complications.' 

Leon snorts and places the photo back on the table. 

A bracelet of three rows of small diamonds. 

'There will always be complications with the transport of goods. I mean, we're talking about a ten-million-dollar relic that was owned by one of the most known French royals.' Leon says clearly amused by all of this while I couldn't care less. 

They signed the papers, we got our payments, and made sure they wouldn't go rogue, yet were still here. 

'Yes, but I know you guys have the best transport available for a piece this good.' 

As much as I hate his flattery, he's right. 

Not everything goes as planned, but we get our clients what they signed up for. 

If they want stuff transported from A to B, we'll make sure it gets there no matter what. 

That doesn't mean we'll do it for free though. 

'How much will it get us?' I ask, feeling their eyes on me as I watch my phone, waiting for another picture or text to come through. 

I can hear some men muttering, and wait for Julian to answer.