{ LXVI }

'And?' Brandon asks curiously as we enter the house again, 'Will it be a set of boys or a set of girls?' 

Celine and Leya look at me, waiting for me to reply. 

But I simply shake my head and turn back to Brandon, 'They're healthy.'

'That's all that matters.' Leya chimes as she sticks right by my side. 'Don't you want to find out their gender?' 

I shake my head and walk toward the stairs, ready to lock myself in the bedroom for the rest of the day.

'I don't even know if I want to keep them.' I can hear gasps, making me wonder if they heard my soft whisper. But since everyone was silent, and since, when I turn around, they're all staring at me, I figure they did. 

I haven't said it out loud yet, but I don't think I'll be able to have kids at this point. 

I don't deserve it. 

I don't deserve any of it, and I know that. 

I only deserve bad things. Pain and torture. 

Like this. 

They stare at me, silent but in shock, and I can see the worry filling their eyes. 'I-'

'You can't give them up for adoption, Neveah.' I sigh deeply and feel the tears well in my eyes again. 'Why not?' 

They would probably be better off somewhere else. Away from all of this... 

'Because you two have been trying for so long and-' 'You two...'  The words cut through me like a knife. 

 You two... Tiago and me. 

We have been trying. But I'm alone now. 

'It's just me now.' Leya holds onto me a little tighter and looks at Brandon, probably glaring at him. 'You're not alone in this.' 

'Leon wouldn't want you to give them up for adoption.' We all turn around, towards Marco who was apparently listening to us the entire time. 

Leon wouldn't want you to give them up for adoption... Leon... 

He's fucking gone. 

'And I didn't want him to die.' I startle myself with the anger clearly audible in my voice, and shake my head wearily, 'I didn't-' 'None of us did.'

No fucking shit... I can't help but feel angry at him for saying stupid shit like this, but at least he's talking again. 

Because according to Leya, who has been keeping me up to date about everyone, he hasn't been very talkative. 

But I don't know if this is any better. 

'Marco-' 'I'm just saying what we're all thinking.' He says, cutting Celine off.