{ XLIV }

I look at the ocean and enjoy the sound of the waves crashing on the side of the boat, taking in the ocean scent filling my nose

Leya sure is taking her time... Not that I blame her. There's a lot going on in the notebook. 

Rio is going to kill me... But I'll deal with that shit later. 

I look up at the moon and take another deep breath, wondering how far she is with the notebook. 

She must have a million questions. Or maybe not? I don't fucking know anymore. 

I just need her to hurry, because we probably need to get back before the sun comes up again. Because maybe, just maybe, Rio won't wake up. 

The symbol stopped flashing red, meaning we should be good to get back when she's done. 

And after we talked of course, because that's what we'll do as well. We'll talk, stop this stupid fight, and just see how things will go. 

I turn to the steps leading down and see her slowly walking up. 

She silently takes a seat across from me, staring at the notebook the way Rio stared at her letters. 

'We have to talk.' She says when she's finally able to take her eyes off of the book I gave her a couple of hours ago. And I simply nod, before clearing my throat. 

I practiced while she was reading. 

'I wanted to apologize for everything I said, I shouldn't have said all those mean things and I shouldn't have let you continue to talk while Rio was behind you. It was a very weak move on my behalf and I honestly thought you would've said something else. Also, sorry that I didn't tell you about the whole one-week-thingy, Rio made us shut up about it and I honestly thought he would've told you about it because he said he would and-' 

She jumps into my arms and almost throws us both overboard. 'Cataleya!' 

'I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have brought up what happened since you're not the one who told me and I shouldn't have forced you to come with me because I wanted to leave, god! I'm so sorry and-' 'We are going to fall if you don't let me go!' I shout, trying to keep us from going down. 

She lets go of me and sits back down, placing the book on her lap. 'Let's just forget about everything that happened the past few days, okay?'

I nod and smile at her, happy that we're fine again. 

'Is this real?' She holds up the book and looks at me desperately, waiting for answers. I nod again, watching as her eyes start to shine. And it's not because of the moonlight.

It's because of love. 

'Okay, so I have something planned.' I say as I head to the little cabinet I filled with snacks and drinks before we left. 'We could either talk about everything that happened first and go back later, or we go back to the boat now so you can talk with Rio and tell him your decision first.'